• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Salas instead of DLR?

nate

Yeah, that wasn't very encouraging to see.

Still think it's a stretch to assume that's why he didn't come in in the 7th, since I can't imagine why he would have been activated at all if the team knew that's what he had right now.

Either way, the question of why Salas came in in that spot still stands. Joe Smith isn't broken yet.

It was really simple. You go to Joe Smith there for that last out, have him pitch the 8th, then go to Frieri in the 9th. Have either of them pitched in back to back games yet this season? No way they weren't "available" tonight

Sosh just doing his thing where the setup man must only pitch the 8th routine, leaving that 1 out, the most important out of the game at that point, to a gascan.

It was really simple. You go to Joe Smith there for that last out, have him pitch the 8th, then go to Frieri in the 9th. Have either of them pitched in back to back games yet this season? No way they weren't "available" tonight

Sosh just doing his thing where the setup man must only pitch the 8th routine, leaving that 1 out, the most important out of the game at that point, to a gascan.

No they haven't, but you know who has....Salas.

Mets Feed:

"Seems like the Mets have had 3-1 counts all night."

At some point Butcher has to answer for the crappy execution by pitchers. It has been this way for too many years, through too many different pitchers.

I wonder what goes through a pitcher's head when Butchy goes out there to talk to them? What does this joker even say to them? Whatever it is, they sure seem to get smoked right after.

It's going to be a great day for Angels baseball when Scioscia and Butcher get fired. Here's hoping it's sooner rather than later!  

No they haven't, but you know who has....Salas.

I'm pretty sure Salas has had the most appearances out of the pen this year so far. Makes absolutely no sense

I was upset with Sosh leaving Jepsen in to face so many lefties in the first game of the season, but this move tonight is the worst so far.

Salas is awful and the dude really should have been able to get 1 freaking out before giving up 3 runs, but yeah the decision to bring him in was a terrible one. Even if it worked out I don't see how you bring in a guy like that in the biggest spot of the game. You have Smith and Frieri for a reason. Use them. Stop trying to get more out of shitty pitchers like Jepsen and Salas. They are what they are. You save them for when you are winning by 6 runs or losing by 10.