• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs Mets- April 12, 2014

Who is going to catch if Ianetta gets hurt?

On this point, I think it makes more sense to carry three catchers and DH Conger occasionally than have five outfielders plus Kendrick and Ibanez (who can both do it in a pinch). Basically, Cowgill doesn't need to be here and I'd rather have Conger at DH than Cowgill in the OF.

howie is terrible at situaitonal hitting.  he has been since he came up to the bigs.  a fact you and mike scioscia choose to completely ignore.

Howie's career batting numbers overall: .292 AVG, .758 OPS

With men on base: .292 AVG, .754 OPS

With runners in scoring position: .285 AVG, .745 OPS

And before you bring up that you don't care what he did 7 or 8 years ago, he hit .285 with a .744 OPS with RISP in 2012. In 2010 he was actually a much better hitter with RISP and men on base.

And so far this year: .300 AVG, .764 OPS with RISP.

Edited by tdawg87

On this point, I think it makes more sense to carry three catchers and DH Conger occasionally than have five outfielders plus Kendrick and Ibanez (who can both do it in a pinch). Basically, Cowgill doesn't need to be here and I'd rather have Conger at DH than Cowgill in the OF.

Cowgill is here because he's the only other guy on the roster besides Trout who can play CF.

and exactly who is this great catcher we have in the minors?

Conger isn't that good of a DH.  I like his bat for a catcher, not a DH.  AND yes you can knock Ibanez poor start, but he has a history of success.....Yes he is old, but just last year he hit well.  We are not paying him much, so lets not give up on him on the hope that Conger, or whoever would do better.  Its only been two weeks folks.

Where did I say anything about a 'great' catcher?

And Ibanez has a .299 OBP since the start of the 2011 season and -1.0 WAR. That sure is a history of, uh, something...

Please post me his stats last year.  I am too lazy to look it up and don't want to miss the game.  But if I am not mistaken, didn't he have like 29 HRs?   

Please post me his stats last year.  I am too lazy to look it up and don't want to miss the game.  But if I am not mistaken, didn't he have like 29 HRs?  

OPS of 793 and 761 for 2013 and 2012.  I say not bad for a guy getting paid what?  a million dollars?

Meanwhile, Conger, the guy you think should replace Ibanez has a 713 OPS for 2013 and 733 for the small sample of 2014.

Let the team play for awhile before we start giving up on guys.

OPS of 793 and 761 for 2013 and 2012.  I say not bad for a guy getting paid what?  a million dollars?

Meanwhile, Conger, the guy you think should replace Ibanez has a 713 OPS for 2013 and 733 for the small sample of 2014.

Let the team play for awhile before we start giving up on guys.

Actually I never said anything like that. But good job building up a strawman. All I think is Ibanez isn't good enough to start every day. I'd like Conger to get some games at DH and I'd like Green to be on the roster so he can too. I never said anything about replacing anyone.

Actually I never said anything like that. But good job building up a strawman. All I think is Ibanez isn't good enough to start every day. I'd like Conger to get some games at DH and I'd like Green to be on the roster so he can too. I never said anything about replacing anyone.

Than you need to complain about Dipoto.  He is the one who signed Ibanez to be a DH.  That was the plan.  I say give him time before scrapping the plan.

Personally, I like Green and Long.  However, Conger's offense is only good as a catcher.  As a full time DH he is pretty week.