• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs Mets- April 12, 2014

Howie has proven time and again he doesn't do well in the upper half of the order, and the carnage at cleanup is the worst (.213/.240/.319).  I know Freese hasn't looked great, but I'd still rather see him there and leave Howie where he has all his success.

Howie is currently hitting better than Ibanez, and that's the point of my post.

I wonder how many people are pissed off at Howie (not saying you are) because of that hype. I am still waiting to read his quote about him saying he will be a batting champion.

I continue to be baffled as to why Scioscia continues to play someone at DH who has trouble putting the ball in play. That alone indicates his disconnect with current reality. The Angels can take all of the stats it wants, they are meaningless if the manager ignores them.

Howie is currently hitting better than Ibanez, and that's the point of my post.

I wonder how many people are pissed off at Howie (not saying you are) because of that hype. I am still waiting to read his quote about him saying he will be a batting champion.

howie is terrible at situaitonal hitting.  he has been since he came up to the bigs.  a fact you and mike scioscia choose to completely ignore.

I continue to be baffled as to why Scioscia continues to play someone at DH who has trouble putting the ball in play. That alone indicates his disconnect with current reality. The Angels can take all of the stats it wants, they are meaningless if the manager ignores them.

you mean the guy who got a hit in the 11th and scored the game winning run last night?

Situational hitting isn't a skill, hitting is. And Kendrick is a significantly better hitter than Ibanez.

And for the sake of argument, Howie's career RISP OPS is 13 points below his usual OPS. In what Baseball Reference deems 'late and close situations', his OPS is only 34 points lower than his career total. So while I hate that our lineup is in a crappy enough place that he has to be hitting cleanup, your argument lacks any basis, Marsaka.