• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The New Concession Operator

LAAMike

I am sure that many of us saw the complaints in the papers about the bad start by our new concession operator (running out of hot dog buns, long lines, terribly slow service, etc) but I was flabbergasted tonight that there were only two vendors that came down our aisle (419) for the whole game.  People will buy  the stuff but you have to get it to them.  This causes more people to get up and go get a coke or whatever which is just more people squeezing in and out of the seats.  This problem will cost Arte some serious money in lost concessions sales if it does not get turned around pretty quickly.  

This is bad news. I had high hopes for improved concessions. However it is early and they will likely figure some stuff out as the season progresses.

The concessions are still hitting below the Mendoza line, but they had a good spring training so hopefully they'll bounce back.

They didn't call up the concession guys from spring training, instead going with the old and slow guys from last season. The concessions need to get younger and where the hell is the foreign presence? You would think there would be more Japanese options, come on Arte get with the times the Mariners are way ahead of you here.

ichiro110828a.jpg

Petco had these same issues when it opened. Took them a few months to get things down, but they did.

People don't know that you can bring much better food into Angel stadium? Who would eat the overpriced-long wait -inferior slop there, when you can bring whatever you want, food wise, in with you? The soft sided coolers they give away are perfect for some to-go grub.

Petco had these same issues when it opened. Took them a few months to get things down, but they did.

People don't know that you can bring much better food into Angel stadium? Who would eat the overpriced-long wait -inferior slop there, when you can bring whatever you want, food wise, in with you? The soft sided coolers they give away are perfect for some to-go grub.

I brought a pile of good and reasonably healthy grub with me to my first game this year.  Didn't spend a dime in the stadium.  Good times.

I brought a pile of good and reasonably healthy grub with me to my first game this year.  Didn't spend a dime in the stadium.  Good times.

I used to do real NY steak sandwiches, on a roll, with everything we wanted and preferred on them.

A 3 lb bag of peanuts costs like 5 bucks in any grocery store. I give them to anyone around me that wants some.

I think once someone does that kind of stuff a time or two, who would want a cold hotdog on a soggy bun ever again?

I get a big beer on the way in before the lines form, and maybe 1 more around the 6th-before they shut it off.

I believe the major problem with the service is the stadium itself. Legends runs some of the largest stadiums around so they know what they are doing. They also did a good job bringing in Oggies pizza and more craft brews. But they can only be as efficient as the equipment provided from a very old stadium. Until Arte works out his agreement with the City, don't expect any upgrades.

I am sure that many of us saw the complaints in the papers about the bad start by our new concession operator (running out of hot dog buns, long lines, terribly slow service, etc)

Sounds like the concession coach needs to start getting his guys better prepared for the season.

The concessions at the stadium have always been a nightmare.  At least once a season I wonder how such a poor system stays in place.  People are willing to pay airport food/drink prices many times over for subpar/sub-quality food but are forced to wait and wait.

If I had that kind of captive audience, I would make sure they were getting their order as fast as possible.  Fans (including myself) will literally bail on spending their $10-$40 if the line is too long and grandma is taking 10 minutes to process a hot dog and beer order.

I'm not a time management expert but how this issue has never been corrected amazes me.  How hard is it to have a system where one person takes your order/money and another person prepares it and hands it to you down the line?  I know it would cost more money in manpower but it would make quite a bit more money ultimately.

I could fix it immediately DR and it would be simple. You hire younger people, you pay them above minimum wage and maybe you throw in a few tickets to the games for their family. Then I would manage the system. It would take me about 3 innings to solve it per concession, tops. It really isn't much different than what I have done my entire adult life.

It would take me very little time to figure it out. Just like if you were to have to do this for your line of work. I can tell you that front line organization, communication, sense of urgency, and team work are all issues from what I've seen. You are seldom waiting for them to prepare the food but rather to get your order and process that order.

I've obviously given this some thought. It would have to be where the little concert stage is. It would be challenging for sure but not impossible. The problem would be managing customers expectations because it takes over five minutes to cook the food. So it wouldn't be as simple to grab and go. You could easily miss an inning or two

I've obviously given this some thought. It would have to be where the little concert stage is. It would be challenging for sure but not impossible. The problem would be managing customers expectations because it takes over five minutes to cook the food. So it wouldn't be as simple to grab and go. You could easily miss an inning or two

If the stadium had better internet connectivity a 5 minute wait wouldnt be a big deal because you could order the food from your phone, pay for it and have it ready by the time you got to the food.