• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Interleague Opener Mets @ Angels - April 11th, 2014

I don't get all the negativity on Ibanez. He had 29 home runs last year and grounded into only 8 double plays. Give him a chance.

I'm not negative on him yet, but I don't expect much from him. Last season, he had about 24 hr's before the all star break. In the second half of the season, he was terrible. I hope his age hasn't caught up with him.

I don't get all the negativity on Ibanez. He had 29 home runs last year and grounded into only 8 double plays. Give him a chance.

You're right.  I think it's just hard to get excited about him because of his age.  He could end up being solid for us but he has no future potential so at least for me it's hard to give him the benefit of the doubt when he struggles.  

Edited by Quinlanforthewin

I think it's just that he looks so hopeless right now; watching strikes, swinging at balls, and striking out in nearly half his ABs so far.  I wasn't at all a fan of the signing myself, but I still think we should probably give him 200 ABs or so before it's time to start looking for a replacement.  

I don't get all the negativity in this thread.  We set up a rant thread for those who want to complain. 

What am I missing?

This is why this thread died on this post, btw.  And why the rant thread may as well be the only thread from here on out.  Everyone assumes if they say anything but "rah rah go ANGELS!" in this thread that they'll be tone-policed.  While most of this second page is people expressing concern for Ibanez, it was fairly level-headed conversation rather than the "LOL DUDE SUCKS" type of posts I'd expect to be frowned upon.