• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Vin Scully bio for Torii Hunter

Am I the only one that thinks hes a terrible broadcaster?  I would rather listen to Rojas and Gubi then listen to his garbage stories, just the sound of his voice puts me to sleep.  

Gubi is nothing more than a shill. I can't stand him.

At Scully's age, I simply enjoy his ability to weave stories, describe situations, build angst and create heroes and villains all within the context of a baseball game. I really don't give a shit about the accuracy of the minutiae.

I hope to be still doing something I love at his age when the time comes.

"What do they call it these days? A crack pipe? Well one of those do-dads fell out of his favorite jacket."

90% of dodger fans these days have no idea what they have. And you have to feel bad for Vin. "Oh, there's another fun loving fan in blue, oh to be 20 again and have 6 kids, and you know, someday, he's going to regret wearing his hair in that bald fashion when he gets to me my age. But it's good to see he's obviously taking advantage of the all you can eat dogs in the bleachers."

What makes that even better is that you read it in Scully's voice.  

Rojas has a great story about calling Vin's phone and expecting to leave a message when all the sudden he actually picked it up. Victor was caught off guard but Scully talked to him for a considerable amount of time and it turned out to be an outstanding interview.

http://therojasspoils.wordpress.com/2013/01/15/vin-scully-chat/

Beautiful.

"If you want to make God smile, tell Him your plans." - VS

Vinny is a living legend, but I haven't been able to listen to him for years. Jerry Colman (rip) was even worse.

There is a point that these guys need to retire, rather than staying on till they keel over.

I imagine that it is their wives that urge them to stay working, so they won't have to be the only ones they bore to the brink of insanity