• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Don't look now, but here come the A's (pitchers)

Minnesota sucks

In this, nando is absolutely correct. Twins rotation has like a 6.00+ ERA and their bullpen is saving their butts with a 5.00+ ERA.

Twins are basically free wins a la the Astros last year.

Better coaching and better FO = winning.

Nah, not better coaching. Their manager is a weanie too. The FO maybe, Billy Beane knows how to get a good bang for the buck. 

I see a lot of these guys as lucky + pitching 81 games in a tremendous pitchers park with all kinds of foul ground. 

That and their nobody's in their lineup, this could get back to being lucky, have all contributed at a high level with RISP, unlike the Angels and other teams. 

Nah, not better coaching. Their manager is a weanie too. The FO maybe, Billy Beane knows how to get a good bang for the buck. 

I see a lot of these guys as lucky + pitching 81 games in a tremendous pitchers park with all kinds of foul ground. 

That and their nobody's in their lineup, this could get back to being lucky, have all contributed at a high level with RISP, unlike the Angels and other teams. 

So they were really lucky the last two seasons?

So they were really lucky the last two seasons?

They're not that great on paper, nor have many of them been scored high by scouts. They grind and work the count well and come up big with RISP, especially late. None of their pitchers sans Sonny Gray are top draft picks. 

Because of this they demand respect. 

It's pretty awesome to get the most out of your players. If the Angels can ever get their shit together over long stretches during the season and play up to their abilities, I have no doubt that we're a 1st place club. 

That doesn't equate to luck. That's knowing how to do the little things to win. Something the Angels are sorely lacking IMO.

Yes, I said that. But luck is involved as well. You look at them on paper and they're bland. Scouting reports are as dry as the desert on a lot of these guys. The players have maximized their talents. 

If the Angels had their lineup and rotation going into the past four seasons the fans would be up in arms in disgust with the FO because they didn't go out and get some talent. 

The A's players just make it happen for whatever reason. Good for them! 

Getting the most out of your players is the definition of good coaching.

Instead we get the same crap year after year.

Poor effort, bad situational awareness, poor execution, slow starts, failure to improve.

I disagree. 

Sometimes big paychecks can demotivate players or get them mentally F'd up because they try playing up to the amount of money they're making. 

The Angels had the same coaches pretty much in 2008 when they won 100 games. Same for 2009. Mickey Hatcher included, who everyone here wanted out.