• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Garrett Richards

I love how low in the zone he was working last night. IP, I wonder if part of what makes him so I unhittable at times is also what makes him throw so many balls out of the zone, that's the crazy amount of movement on all his pitches. That's got to be tough to control.

when he missed last night, he missed out of the zone.  He was still 2-0 a bunch which will limit him getting deep into games.  He's gonna have starts this year where he misses in the zone and anyone who does that is going to get pounded regardless of their stuff.  There were some fly balls hit pretty hard last night that got held in by the park, but hey, if it's there, take advantage of it.  

I love how low in the zone he was working last night. IP, I wonder if part of what makes him so I unhittable at times is also what makes him throw so many balls out of the zone, that's the crazy amount of movement on all his pitches. That's got to be tough to control.

That's always been the appeal with him. He's got top notch stuff AND gets groundballs, that's the combo you're looking for when it comes to finding a really good pitcher.

when he missed last night, he missed out of the zone. He was still 2-0 a bunch which will limit him getting deep into games. He's gonna have starts this year where he misses in the zone and anyone who does that is going to get pounded regardless of their stuff. There were some fly balls hit pretty hard last night that got held in by the park, but hey, if it's there, take advantage of it.

Yea I think they said he was 2-0 on 11 hitters and still only allowed four base runners. That is filthy.

It helps when you can gear up for a certain pitch and the A's have a better lineup than Seattle. He showed he can dominate that lineup though. Went 7 strong with 6 K's vs them late last year in Oakland...had his command working that night. The fact that he's doing better vs LH this year so far is huge for his development

my favorite pitch of his last night was his 1st inning K of Cano with a 96 MPH cutter down and in off the plate. Just a nasty pitch

I'm pretty sure Richards would have a much higher K rate if he didn't deliberately "pitch to contact." He said so himself. He pitches to hit bats, not miss em. Even Skaggs recently said that he wants to pitch to contact.

I'm not sure what the coaches are teaching our pitchers...but strikeouts are good, not bad. 

Edited by Angels