• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kudos to Albert Pujols

While the two bombs, both high changeups, are encouraging, it does very little to suggest that Pujols has suddenly transformed into the masher we're all hoping for.  Lets see some evidence of him being able to handle some heat, stroke it to RF, etc, before we get all gushy with the kudos. 

7 games he looked like dogpoop, 2 games he hit HRs on big mistakes.  Lets see where he's at in May.  With Hamilton out he's now the only potential MOTO threat. 

It has been my experience on every MB that people spend way too much time and energy posting bitches about other posters.

The "king" of that mindset is no longer around, but there are always more than enough people lined up to claim the title.

Telling other people how lame and idiotic their opinions are, is lame and idiotic.

It has been my experience on every MB that people spend way too much time and energy posting bitches about other posters.

The "king" of that mindset is no longer around, but there are always more than enough people lined up to claim the title.

Telling other people how lame and idiotic their opinions are, is lame and idiotic.

This is kind of lame and refreshingly idiotic.

Trout will never put up the gaudy offensive numbers pujols did hoops. Trout isnt a traditional 'slugger', and albert peaked in a different era. Pujols put up juiced numbers in a juiced era. Not at all pointing fingers, just that guys playing now cant match them. (Look how much better pitching is).

The reason I disagree that pujols was better is because trouts a true 5 tool guy. So whereas pujols is pretty hard to beat (for anyone) batwise, he was also a 1B. If trout was playing 1B with his bat, he would be a very good hitter but probably not as celebrated because he wouldnt have the rep with his glove. (And trout is a true basestealer).

But to back YOT's topic, agreed. Both those home runs were bombs. Im not expecting that to be the staus quo, but ill be more than happy getting the 2012 pujols back. Give me that, and trout breaking out of his current funk, and our lineup can tread water for a bit until hamilton comes back (or someone else catches fire).

That a fair and valid point and one I can not find much to disagree with; however, Pujols played 3B, then the outfield and later 1B.  He may not have the speed of Trout or play the premium position of CF, but he was an excellent defensive player in all positions.  Never had the speed of Trout, but was considered one of the better base runners in the game.  I think those aspects are often overlooked when you see the gaudy numbers he put up year after year.

This, unlike your post above, is great. I'm sure you realize that Angels fans have cautious optimism towards Pujols given what he has done in his time here. We all appreciate what he did for the Cardinals and so desperately want him to return to 80% of what he was in his prime but are justifiably worried that he has 8 years left on his contract and has been a pretty big disappointment so far. 

While I can appreciate your second post, your first post mocking/questioning why Angels fans are so "bi-polar" about Albert is odd. There is a lot of talk about Pujols on this site, the majority of which is pretty negative, but I think that is understandable, even though I don't necessarily agree with it. We too saw one of the greatest hitters of all time playing for the Cardinals, and then he came here and his numbers have drastically declined. I love Pujols, and actually think he will have a good year, but I too am cautiously optimistic about that.

HH,

I certainly didnt intend to mock any of the fans here.  I read this site daily and know how much the posters here love the team and the game and can certainly sympathize with their frustration. 

I understand what a disappointment he has been as I've been as disappointed as anyone.  I follow this guy religiously, he's my favorite player of all-time, I've met him numerous times (and he's always been nothing but gracious).  I want him to succeed and I want the Angels to succeed. 

I chose to try to be more positive than negative, but again, I understand the issues and it really is an issue of expectation management.  I always hope and expect the best from #5.

My guess is hoops is referring not to us being frustrated with Albert but rather how shitty this board can be towards him when he is playing poorly. They question his age, they question his loyalty, they question if he was on PEDs and they question his motives. It all reeks of us bieing being little kids throwing temper tantrums.

Well said and quite correct, Stradling.  Thanks

My guess is hoops is referring not to us being frustrated with Albert but rather how shitty this board can be towards him when he is playing poorly. They question his age, they question his loyalty, they question if he was on PEDs and they question his motives. It all reeks of us bieing being little kids throwing temper tantrums.

Well said and quite correct, Stradling.  Thanks

I love Trout, he's a fantastic talent, but you really believe his last two years were better than AP's years of:

1.  2008 (OPS+ 192)

2.  2006 (178)

3.  2009 (189)

4.  2003 (187)

Dont get me wrong, the guy is in the class of AP in his prime, but not necessarily better.  Sorry, I'm not buying that.  They are close, but not better.

I love Trout, he's a fantastic talent, but you really believe his last two years were better than AP's years of:

1. 2008 (OPS+ 192)

2. 2006 (178)

3. 2009 (189)

4. 2003 (187)

Dont get me wrong, the guy is in the class of AP in his prime, but not necessarily better. Sorry, I'm not buying that. They are close, but not better.

Agreed.

Nutswinger Nation checking in.

Yk, knock that shit off. You and others crucify him and to deny it is a joke. Sorry if I respect what he has done for baseball and not just for the Angels. Sorry I take issue with the posts that question all those things about him, I guess I should be more selfish and spiteful.

The offensive numbers Trout has produce as a solid defensive CF are worth more than what number 5 did whilst a Cardinal.

Why is this even a debate? This is like questioning who would win at Jedi chess between Luke Skywalker and Obi wan, if somehow they could play at the same age or whether Dumbledore could hold his own against Gandalf. It's a ridiculous question. They play their prime at different times, play different positions, and hit at different places in the lineup. How do you judge "better" and to what end? Nothing can replace what Trout did his rookie year coming in and giving hope to a team that was dead in the water at the time. The man made the circumstance and the circumstance made the man. It was legend, pure and simple both because of who Trout was and what he could do and the circumstance at the time needing a hero.