• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kudos to Albert Pujols

in addition to looking good at the plate, he also looked happy after the game.  I think he really enjoys being the reason his team wins. 

i'm not saying it's true or not, but i hate that statement. i'm not sure if it's the implication or just my inferences.

So, the first few games he was the ever present Albert-tross, now it's kudos. 

Pretty much this site in a nutshell.

He deserved praise for today's game and for the past 2+ games, but there's been times during the first week and an number of times over the previous two seasons where he deserved criticism.

He deserved praise for today's game and for the past 2+ games, but there's been times during the first week and an number of times over the previous two seasons where he deserved criticism.

While true, my comment was more on the bi-polar nature of people's feeling regarding AP.  Please remember that I'm an AP apologist.  He is the greatest player I ever had a chance to see and I am certain I wont get a chance to see anyone better than him in his prime.

I know people here think Trout is the best and he is currently the best player in the game.  But, AP in his prime was better, in my opinion.  He isnt the same player as he was, but during the years with the Cardinals, the guy was hands down the best player in the game and will go out as one of the ten best players of all-time.

Mike Trout may top that, but it wont be easy and I hope for all Angels fans sake that he does top it.

Trout will never put up the gaudy offensive numbers pujols did hoops. Trout isnt a traditional 'slugger', and albert peaked in a different era. Pujols put up juiced numbers in a juiced era. Not at all pointing fingers, just that guys playing now cant match them. (Look how much better pitching is).

The reason I disagree that pujols was better is because trouts a true 5 tool guy. So whereas pujols is pretty hard to beat (for anyone) batwise, he was also a 1B. If trout was playing 1B with his bat, he would be a very good hitter but probably not as celebrated because he wouldnt have the rep with his glove. (And trout is a true basestealer).

But to back YOT's topic, agreed. Both those home runs were bombs. Im not expecting that to be the staus quo, but ill be more than happy getting the 2012 pujols back. Give me that, and trout breaking out of his current funk, and our lineup can tread water for a bit until hamilton comes back (or someone else catches fire).

While true, my comment was more on the bi-polar nature of people's feeling regarding AP.  Please remember that I'm an AP apologist.  He is the greatest player I ever had a chance to see and I am certain I wont get a chance to see anyone better than him in his prime.

I know people here think Trout is the best and he is currently the best player in the game.  But, AP in his prime was better, in my opinion.  He isnt the same player as he was, but during the years with the Cardinals, the guy was hands down the best player in the game and will go out as one of the ten best players of all-time.

Mike Trout may top that, but it wont be easy and I hope for all Angels fans sake that he does top it.

This, unlike your post above, is great. I'm sure you realize that Angels fans have cautious optimism towards Pujols given what he has done in his time here. We all appreciate what he did for the Cardinals and so desperately want him to return to 80% of what he was in his prime but are justifiably worried that he has 8 years left on his contract and has been a pretty big disappointment so far. 

While I can appreciate your second post, your first post mocking/questioning why Angels fans are so "bi-polar" about Albert is odd. There is a lot of talk about Pujols on this site, the majority of which is pretty negative, but I think that is understandable, even though I don't necessarily agree with it. We too saw one of the greatest hitters of all time playing for the Cardinals, and then he came here and his numbers have drastically declined. I love Pujols, and actually think he will have a good year, but I too am cautiously optimistic about that.

Hoops, it may not seem like it, but theres not one person here who doesnt know who albert pujols was. We're just worried about who he is.

Anybody else coming over at his age, it would be easy to accept a decline. But when we snagged one of the top ten right handed hitters in history, we obviously had huge expectations. So far he hasnt lived up to them. I too am an appoologist because I, like you, dont judge his 13 numbers. He was legitimately hurt, he didnt make an excuse after the season with some ghost injury.

So thats our most recent 'history' with him. His poor first week obviously has us worried. Its not so much the results, but his approach looked anything but vintage pujols.

What YOT is pointing out above, his last two games werent just his result, but his swing looked like old pujols. Thats who we're all begging for (lets face it, we NEED it).

So dont look too into us being hard on the guy. We're just frustrated. To be fair, aside from the contract, he seemed like the surest thing....out of a long recent list of guys that came here and died. Hamilton (last year), wells, etc etc. If anything, its almost a compliment (believe it or not) how hard we are on him. Wells sucked and we all said 'that makes sense'. Hamilton sucked last year, and we all kind of knew leaving arlington would hurt him (though not as bad as it did). Pujols we still expect to be a baseball god. Fsther time is turning him into a baseball saint, if you will.

Trust me, the hardest pujols hater on here (probably chuck) wants nothing more than for pujols to shut them up.

Jk chuck

My guess is hoops is referring not to us being frustrated with Albert but rather how shitty this board can be towards him when he is playing poorly. They question his age, they question his loyalty, they question if he was on PEDs and they question his motives. It all reeks of us bieing being little kids throwing temper tantrums.

It's not knee jerk. His first week it didn't look like anything had changed. People were thinking "here we go again" with how he looked in the batters box.

Now out of no where in these last two games he looks a hundred times more comfortable for some reason and just clobbered a couple bombs so free and easy its as if he was 26 again.

What you're seeing it regards to Pujols I prefer to call hope, not knee jerk.

When you talk about changing the offseason plan a week into the season it is a knew jerk reaction. If two days later one is coming back happy with his production, it is a knew jerk reaction. I will stand by my belief that If he stays healthy he will Put up very good to excellent numbers.

If he steuggles this homestand the thread about moving him down will come back to life.

The pitches he hit were both left over the plate. They are pounding him inside and then outside off the plate.

It's great to see him waiting for a mistake....and then crushing it.

Still waiting for him to start hitting line drives the opposite way, that will get his avg and rbi production way up, and get him better pitches. Nice to see him hitting hrs, but hope he doesn't fall to much in love with going for them.