• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ty Kelly

Chuck

What's the scouting report on him.

Top 50 Los Angeles Angels Prospects List

35. Ty Kelley (RHP)

Bats: Right, Throws: Right Height: 6' 4", Weight: 220 lb. 

Born: August 18, 1988 in Columbus, Georgia, US (Age 24)

(Cedar Rapids/Inland Empire): 6-1, 1.66 ERA, 22 BBs, 61 Ks, 59.2 IP

Ty Kelley is a guy who burst onto the scene in 2012.  He was signed as a non-drafted free-agent in 2010, and struggled in the minors until the 2012 campaign.  The 6'4" righty put up a terrific season with the Kernels and 66ers, and has the perfect body to build off of his success.  In fact, Kelley lead the entire Angels minor league system in ERA and saves. Given his age, Kelley could start the season with the Arkansas Travelers and move his way up the depth chart with the Angels fairly quickly. Kelly possesses a fastball, change up, cutter and slider. His fastball sits in 90-94 MPH range,  touching 96 MPH. Keep an eye on this upcoming reliever.

Scout I talked to said Kelly was sitting 89-91 in camp so far this year.  More impressed by Michael Roth and Michael Morin. 

The scout you talked to could have had a bad gun or just scouted one game of his ... sample size.

All the reports I've gotten internally are that he has been hitting 93-94 mph with moving action on his fastball. Showing a very good breaking ball. 

I'm pretty pumped up on this guy after a talk I had with a certain Angels FO individual this past weekend in Tempe. 

It was only one game.  The reason it would worry me is because generally when the kids enter these ST games, they're pumped up and they'll generally add a couple MPH of juice on their fastball.  I would've loved to hear that he was sitting 93-94 because to me it would verify the reports I've seen that say he sits 91-92 with regularity.  

I like Ty Kelly and am excited at the idea that he'll start in AA.  But I'm just as excited if not more so about Dan Tillman and R.J. Alvarez, who should both be in AA this year.