• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Next Five Years

It's becoming clearer than ever that Albert Pujols, Josh Hamilton, and the like will not bring us to the promised land.

The fact that our farm system is rated dead last is very troubling.

For this season, our current rotation is a work in progress, the bullpen is  questionable, and now our hottest hitter may be out for months (still waiting on the MRI, though.)

I really want us to make the postseason consistently. Right now I don't see many reasons to be optimistic about the next five years. Trout can not do it by himself.

Edited by fan_since79

Because we lost a 5-3 game to the Mariners. Where was this post on Monday when we just won3 of 4? Also this is a day after Albert crushed one.

With Albert (or any player, actually) I go month-by-month at a minimum. He banged out three doubles on April 19, 2012 and then hit .118 for the next three weeks. Most people here were excited after those three doubles.

The only reason I got up for Hamilton's first week is it was so refreshing to see the guy swing the bat well and lay off the garbage pitches that got him out so easily last year. I really think he was turning a corner before he made that dumb head-first slide.

Edited by fan_since79

The farm system can easily become good again with just one or 2 good drafts. I think the best thing for this team to do if they're struggling later this year is to trade a bunch of guys. 

If you trade Frieri, Iannetta, Kendrick, Aybar, etc., you'll get some young pieces back that will be a part of the next great Angels team. 

I hope that's not the case however and this team is in the mix later in the year. 

I've been riding this horse for WAY too long to even THINK about the next 5 years. At this point, I am still just happy that baseball is back.

It's kind of like dating - I'm just happy to know that after months of being single (the offseason) that I am back to dating again. April is almost like date #1 (maybe even date 2 & 3 as well). I am happy to enjoy "her" company, to the point where I am overlooking her minor flaws that in the grand scheme of things, won't REALLY matter. When date #4 comes along in May, maybe even Mid May if the goodnight kiss is good enough (i.e. we are at or near to .500 AND playing with promise) , is when I will really start to figure out if this is someone I can roll with, happily, for a while.

I could go on, and maybe I will at some point, but with it being SUCH a long season that my heart and soul is so deeply invested in, I have learned to pace myself. So sit back, order your beverage of choice and get to know the good and bad of your new gal, before really flipping out. Or don't, maybe you have more fun falling apart at every loss over the span of 7 LONG months.

"See ya at the yard meat!"

If the Angels miss the playoffs again, it's time to rebuild.

Maybe go into firesale mode during the allstar break if they're too far out of it.

Hopefully Weaver and Wilson pitch well enough to be traded.

They basically have no payroll flexibility in the next 3-4 years, a weak farmsystem and aging club. 

Edited by Poozy

This farm system will be ranked in the top 15 with a few good seasons from some of the younger guys and bounce back years from Cron and Cowart.

All it takes is a handful of breakout years for this system to become respectable again.

The Angels for the next five years.

1.13743-C0141244-Black_hole_artwork-SPL-

By the way, I bravely did an image search for black hole for this post.  That deserves some sort of recognition.

I actually read the top and saw the picture and thought "Hey Nate deserves props for pulling out a photo shopped black hole picture!" and then you even asked for it! Good job! :)

I actually read the top and saw the picture and thought "Hey Nate deserves props for pulling out a photo shopped black hole picture!" and then you even asked for it! Good job! :)

BTW that really is an actual shot probably from one of the infrared telescopes (Spitzer or Herschel) with a fake black hole picture superimposed. Looks like some sort of burgeoning star nursery.