• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Record Store Day 2014

my daughter was bugging me recently about picking up a One Direction album that's coming out on vinyl. Reminded her we would also need a record player and that wasn't going to happen.

while i always liked vinyl (Licorice Pizza was one of my favorite stores to shop in), i love the convenience of CDs and itunes a whole lot more.

Speaking of music anybody catch The Eagles documentary on Showtime?  Glen Fry and Don Henley are dicks.

i watched the second half of it. it was interesting. they didn't treat the guitarist (feldman?) very well and didn't have good things to say about him. sure didn't make henley and frey look very good.

i watched the second half of it. it was interesting. they didn't treat the guitarist (feldman?) very well and didn't have good things to say about him. sure didn't make henley and frey look very good.

Felder wrote book about it.  He is not happy.  I believe he is the one that wrote Hotel California.

Felder wrote book about it.  He is not happy.  I believe he is the one that wrote Hotel California.

I read Felder's book. He has a serious issue with blaming other people for his mistakes. Here's just one example (out of about 100). In his book, he blames his ex-wife for their divorce because she wasn't paying enough attention to him while he was home from touring. She wasn't making his daily life exciting enough for him, so it was her fault that he had to file for divorce.

Don't get me wrong, Frey and Henley are grade-A A-holes. I even started a thread on the subject after I first watched the Eagles doc: http://www.angelswin-forum.com/forums/topic/154-glenn-frey-is-a-giant-douchebag/.

However, after reading Felder's book, I realized that while both Henley and Frey are insanely greedy and controlling, a lot of their hostility towards Felder is somewhat justified. Even Joe Walsh and Timothy B. Schmit turned their backs on him. And they were close friends. Like having their kid's birthday parties together type friends. Felder said he was "shocked" that he was kicked out of the band. How shocked should someone be that they are kicked out of a band they are in, when they are suing the band? He actually had multiple lawsuits against the other members of his own band in the works and he was "shocked" that the other guys gave him the boot. The guy is delusional. Still played some kick ass guitar though.

And yes, he did write the music for Hotel California. He spends about 100 pages of his book explaining how, where, when, and why he was genius enough to come up with (in his own words) "one of the most iconic pieces of popular music ever recorded." 

Edited by Ray McKigney

I read Felder's book. He has a serious issue with blaming other people for his mistakes. Here's just one example (out of about 100). In his book, he blames his ex-wife for their divorce because she wasn't paying enough attention to him while he was home from touring. She wasn't making his daily life exciting enough for him, so it was her fault that he had to file for divorce.

Don't get me wrong, Frey and Henley are grade-A A-holes. I even started a thread on the subject after I first watched the Eagles doc: http://www.angelswin-forum.com/forums/topic/154-glenn-frey-is-a-giant-douchebag/.

However, after reading Felder's book, I realized that while both Henley and Frey are insanely greedy and controlling, a lot of their hostility towards Felder is somewhat justified. Even Joe Walsh and Timothy B. Schmit turned their backs on him. And they were close friends. Like having their kid's birthday parties together type friends. Felder said he was "shocked" that he was kicked out of the band. How shocked should someone be that they are kicked out of a band they are in, when they are suing the band? He actually had multiple lawsuits against the other members of his own band in the works and he was "shocked" that the other guys gave him the boot. The guy is delusional. Still played some kick ass guitar though.

And yes, he did write the music for Hotel California. He spends about 100 pages of his book explaining how, where, when, and why he was genius enough to come up with (in his own words) "one of the most iconic pieces of popular music ever recorded." 

I am going to have to read that.

The documentary was over 3 hours and had me hooked from the start.  Walsh cracks me up.  He was such a mess before they got him to go to rehab.

it was interesting, and not in a good way, that upon their reunion both frey and henley insisted on getting paid more than the other guys. in the documentary, that seemed to be the straw that broke felder's back when he found out. when he asked for more money, they said no and that was it for him.

i never realized what a mess joe walsh was. yikes.

it was interesting, and not in a good way, that upon their reunion both frey and henley insisted on getting paid more than the other guys. in the documentary, that seemed to be the straw that broke felder's back when he found out. when he asked for more money, they said no and that was it for him.

i never realized what a mess joe walsh was. yikes.

It wasn't only that Felder wanted equal pay, he was also suing the Eagles management group (which Henley and Frey were part of). Like I mentioned in my last post, in Felder's book, he goes into great detail about it and, inexplicably, finds a way to justify why he was suing them. Then he acts surprised that he was fired. 

I am going to have to read that.

The documentary was over 3 hours and had me hooked from the start.  Walsh cracks me up.  He was such a mess before they got him to go to rehab.

Yeah, that doc is great. I've probably watched it 10 times by now. The second half about the reunion and all that stuff kind of drags (I really didn't need to know about the process of writing "Get Over It"), but for the most part it's one of the better rock docs that I've seen. Check out that Felder book. It's a crack up. The guy literally blames everything that has gone wrong in his life on other people. Yet, all the good things and all of his successes are solely because of his hard work and extraordinary talent.