• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Thoughts on Hector Santiago after two starts?

well about ten days ago I posted I thought Garrett Richards should be placed ahead of Santiago in the rotation and sort of got ripped for that and for stating that I saw Santiago in a ST game vs. the ChiSox and was not too impressed........

some one asked, that impression after just one ST game?

My response - no but that ST game that I saw plus his starts last year for the ChiSox.

Santiago is a swing man -- long relief, spot starter -- not a rotation guy -- Just IMO.

RIchards, IMO, will improve this year. We'll see.

my thoughts are he's still young and finding his way in the league.  he definitely needs to increase his mound presence and not get shaken so easily.  i'm not sure how that's going to happen with butchy mentoring him and sling blade behind the plate is doing him no favors.   he needs to learn to be a pitcher and not just a thrower.

last night could have gone a lot differently, however, if ianneta makes that strikeout hold up.  And santiago doesn't throw a meatball on 0-2.  that was a truly awful pitch in that situation

As I said, I can live with the inconsistencies of a young arm. He seems to have good stuff. It is unfortunate that the Angels need him to be a better pitcher than he is ready to be. I would like to have Dave Duncan work with him. He may never escape the wildness, but I remember another young wild pitcher for the Angels that did ok.

Young pitching equals growing pains. I think he will be a big part of our success this year. I expect that era to come way down from that 7.00. We need him to eat some innings and keep us in games. And he will do that. After that passed ball/K he completely lost focus. Ianetta cannot allow these young pitchers to do that. This will get better. But it is beginning to look like June before we put it together.