• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Thoughts on Hector Santiago after two starts?

I was one of those who saw solid pitching in 2013, albeit sometimes walking the control tightrope, and thought he might be a solid #4.

So far though, albeit just 2 starts, his control is all over the place. 

That "on a T" fat pitch to Hart didn't help matters any.  

I think Hamilton's HR Derby pitcher liked that pitch.

At this rate, Richards and Skaggs will move ahead of him by May.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Was hitting 95 a lot yesterday, which is harder than I remember him throwing. 

If he can't get control of his breaking pitches he sucks.  He was throwing a lot of meatball fastballs even when he was way ahead in the count yesterday.  Crossed up Iannetta pretty hard on at least three different occasions as well.

He is what he is.  Maybe with a few more years experience can be a solid #3.  But right now, more of a #4/5 type pitcher.  He might be more suited for relief.  Looking at his minor numbers, he skipped AAA, and was converted in AA to starter.  That's a pretty big learning curve.  

Incomparable.

One is a right handed soft tossing never was without control issues.

The other is a hard throwing lefty with good stuff who has problems with command at times.

Both gives up too many HRs and can't get out of the 5th inning.....Yes, I think there is a comparison.

Kept us in the game? He couldn't go 5 innings?

Santiago = Vargas > Hanson > Blanton so I'm good with Santiago. He kept us in the game which is a whole lot better than last years #4 & #5. Our offense quit producing after the 1st inning so I can't put the blame on Santiago in his second start.