• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Student in Pennsylvania goes on stabbing rampage

30 minute rampage? How in the **** is that going on longer than 2 minutes tops? No security or police can stop him sooner? Wow. Hope everyone pulls through.

A 16-year-old student armed with two knives went from classroom to classroom Wednesday morning, stabbing and slashing 19 students and a security guard in a 30-minute rampage at Franklin Regional High School in Murrysville.

Try reading the article before posting your usual knee jerk reaction.

I don't know about you but in my HS the head security guard was an overweight guy with pepper spray, hardly swat or even take down an armed student material.  Police response time is probably impaired by them trying to figure out what is going on because they don't know immediately know how many assailants there are or what weapons are involved.  Hundreds of other panicked students trying to get out of classes or the building likely doesn't help them figure it out any quicker.  

Hope everyone injured pulls through.  

Edited by Catwhoshatinthehat

A 16-year-old student armed with two knives went from classroom to classroom Wednesday morning, stabbing and slashing 19 students and a security guard in a 30-minute rampage at Franklin Regional High School in Murrysville.

Try reading the article before posting your usual knee jerk reaction.

I did read the article. You're telling me the campus only has ONE security guard. 

Also, nice job continuing to be your usual self, Blarg. Keep up the great work!

What can I say Cory, the article is not really clear about time frame just that a school official called 911 at 7:15 in the morning. The security guard and the VP were the ones that finally tacked the guy and who knows how many security are on campus and if they weren't already tending to wounded. But your first instinct is to blame someone and that seems to be your usual self.

I did read the article. You're telling me the campus only has ONE security guard. 

Also, nice job continuing to be your usual self, Blarg. Keep up the great work!

What can I say Cory, the article is not really clear about time frame just that a school official called 911 at 7:15 in the morning. The security guard and the VP were the ones that finally tacked the guy and who knows how many security are on campus and if they weren't already tending to wounded. But your first instinct is to blame someone and that seems to be your usual self.

I'm not trying to blame anyone. With all of the incidents going on at schools now a days, I'd expect security to be a little more responsive than this. Even if its before actual school hours (happened around 7AM. Assuming class starts around 8AM for non zero period students) I'm legitimately concerned about the situation. As the article stated, he went to a few different classrooms to stab the students/guard. I just don't understand how nobody was alerted sooner and allowed this to go on in multiple rooms for 30 minutes before being subdued. I'm sure more details will come out in the coming hours/days and might explain some of this. Glad one student was alert enough to pull the fire alarm and try to give the students a warning. Freaks me out thinking something like this could happen in the future with my kids in school.

Edited by Cory

Most schools advocate teachers lock their classroom doors when a threat is found on campus. Determining there is a real threat and not just some kids in a fist fight may be the reason this went on as long as it did initially. Also there may not have been teachers in these classrooms to report the incident, then there is security's responsibility to insure the safety of all the students and that means get them to a secure area and not go all yippie ky yay muther fracker on the assailant. Their protocols may be to leave it to police to intervene with someone armed, just get the students out of harms way.

Police response is also not yippie ky yay, they have to move in sweeping the entire area for the possibility of more than one assailant and determine where the suspect is. The area is pretty chaotic by the time they arrive with screaming, crying, running kids. They have to move with caution otherwise you end up with a dozen more kids in the hospital and with gunshot wounds.

I'm not trying to blame anyone. With all of the incidents going on at schools now a days, I'd expect security to be a little more responsive than this. Even if its before actual school hours (happened around 7AM. Assuming class starts around 8AM for non zero period students) I'm legitimately concerned about the situation. As the article stated, he went to a few different classrooms to stab the students/guard. I just don't understand how nobody was alerted sooner and allowed this to go on in multiple rooms for 30 minutes before being subdued. I'm sure more details will come out in the coming hours/days and might explain some of this. Glad one student was alert enough to pull the fire alarm and try to give the students a warning. Freaks me out thinking something like this could happen in the future with my kids in school.