• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bunt?

If I remember correctly, Pujols and Freese were both on when Stewart came up. I was also thinking bunt to get them over to second a third, this way a single ties the game. Then take your chances in the bottom of the ninth. Hindsight is 20/20 though. But i am a small ball type anyways.

If I remember correctly, Pujols and Freese were both on when Stewart came up. I was also thinking bunt to get them over to second a third, this way a single ties the game. Then take your chances in the bottom of the ninth. Hindsight is 20/20 though. But i am a small ball type anyways.

Do you have any idea what this board would have done to Scioscia had he bunted, gave up an out, and still lost the game?

I hate the bunt but that was the time to bunt there. Why would anyone expect Cowgill to do anything less than make an out? When you have 3 straight hitters coming up who are double play prone and generally not good you play small ball - no way we count on getting two hits there. If it was the top of the lineup then go for the win.