• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Time to sign Morales

Also 4 runs is an arbitrary number. The Angels have scored less than 3 runs 1 time.

It shouldn't matter what the score is. Hitting to the score is like pitching to the score. If the angels loose 4-0 every night the offense isn't a problem but if they lose 1-0 it is?

So you think signing AP was a panic move but you're advocating signing Morales.  Ok...   

Moreno panicked because the team hadn't made the playoffs for two years and attendance was starting to drop. He figured signing Pujols would spur more interest. That plan flopped when Pujols batted under the Mendoza line for the entire month of April 2012.

Hamilton signing was essentially the same thing, and in that case the narrative about the signing resulting in a larger TV deal can't be used, either. 

The first? What about the other 4 games where we scored 4 or fewer runs? Granted, the pitching in those games was awful as well, but that doesn't absolve the offense. 

You obviously haven't been paying attention......I will let you discover the flaw in you  logic once you answer this question

How many runs did we give up in the other four games???????

I think it would make sense to sign Kendrys at this point. The offense will suffer without another HR hitter

Don't want to lose that pick though...

Edited by failos

No thank you. They'd still lose their draft pick if they signed him and they can't afford that again...especially for a DH

Yeah, I'd rather not lose the pick either. Pretty bad situation

if they signed morales, or anyone for that matter, and forfeited their draft pick, then i would tune out the angels until everyone is fired. it would show a complete lack of understanding of their situation.

i'm not saying that's what should happen, because they haven't done it. 

No way do you sign Morales and lose the draft pick. Shuck fills in and we wait. Even without Josh this is still a potent offense. If the pitching holds up (unlikely) we will be okay.

If we are out of it a month before the ASB then deal Howie, Aybar and whoever else for prospects. This team should have begun rebuilding YEARS ago...

I didn't realize Morales wasn't signed for 2014 --- obviously the draft pick issue a factor..........

hey, that's what happens with these guys -- in the MLBPA contracts they have to take the good with the bad.......

a big slow footed DH -- 1B if you have to do it guy, just isn't going to be worth paying the guy and giving up a draft pick -- just the way it is.

as it is, we don't need him -- we have Ibanez........only so many 1B/DH types you can have on your roster........

plus -- after watching Freese play -- geez.......he runs the bases like his name -- FROZEN.

These guys must be taking base running speed lessons from Jose Molina or something..........

Boras knows the rules.  He has cost Morales and Drew (I think he has both players) millions. 

Sucks for Morales and Drew but overall the strategy has still made Boras more money. For every player that loses out on a contract, there are many many more that get contracts for significantly above market value. This is risky for each indivudal players, but not so much for Boras who averages his commission over dozens of players. 

No way do you sign Morales and lose the draft pick. Shuck fills in and we wait. Even without Josh this is still a potent offense. If the pitching holds up (unlikely) we will be okay.

If we are out of it a month before the ASB then deal Howie, Aybar and whoever else for prospects. This team should have begun rebuilding YEARS ago...

LOL at potent offense.  This is Trout and company.  Who else is even a top 15 hitter at their position in this offense besides Howie? Don't say Albert because I can easily rattle off 15 better 1bmen.  

they were too busy reloading.  meanwhile angel fans everywhere were reloading their shorts after having to watch this bullpen

So you think signing AP was a panic move but you're advocating signing Morales.  Ok...   

Well Morales could probably be had at a 1 year 10 million deal and I'd bet his final numbers this year would be comparable to Pujols. 1 year deals are very low risk panic moves even if the player is horrible. 10 year panic moves..............

Well Morales could probably be had at a 1 year 10 million deal and I'd bet his final numbers this year would be comparable to Pujols. 1 year deals are very low risk panic moves even if the player is horrible. 10 year panic moves..............

The Pujols signing could be considered a panic move (I didn't like the signing), but signing Morales would be a panic move too. You would give up a fairly early first round draft pick in this draft to sign a little above DH for only one year?? He wouldn't even be ready to play for at least a few weeks from now.