• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

UFC Thread

• 1 month later...

I found the criticism kind of strange actually.  Not a huge fan of the nevada commission, but those judges have been used by the UFC in numerous states and even other countries.  I think it's funny to blame the commission for that.  I think Hendricks won the fight, but it really boils down to the first round.

I had Hendricks winning 1, 2 and 4.  I think that is what most people had.  But it is really that extreme to think that St. Pierre actually won the first round? 

To me it wasn't even close to that bad of a decision. 

Also, White was way off on his criticism of St. Pierre.  He has been a dream champion for the UFC.  Never gets into trouble.  Always does says the right things.  Promotes his fights well.  Makes the UFC millions of dollars and Dana thinks he owes them something more?

I don't know about that.

Edited by mtangelsfan

I only read an ESPN blurb about him bashih the decision and seemed more tactical for them to clean up and get them right. Didn't see any comments on GSP directly. Some sound bites seem to indicate he simply wants a rematch ASAP because of the incorrect result, which he has always been critical about when the ref or the judges get it wrong.

I had the same of GSP only winning 3 and 5.

The one thing I agree with the pro GSPers on comment sections of articles is that each round is independent, so basing a result on how tore up GSP looked isn't correct. Same as when I wrestled.

The only thing I had for GSP in round 1 was the take down, but that instantly was negated with Hendricks escaping so quick. I thought Hendricks forced the action more and had better shots....much like others agree and saw.

I like GSP. It was weird seeing him so man handled outside of round 3 where it was vintage him. Hope he doesnt hang them up.

I saw his reaction.  He's backed off since then.  He knows how rounds are scored.  He also knows he has used those very judges in other states and countries.

I think how fights are judged needs to be changed.  GSP definitely took much more damage than Hendricks.  There is no denying it.  However, how fights are judges is round by round.  Hendricks took 2 and 4 undeniably.  GSP took 3 and 5 undeniably.  This was the case on all of the judges cards, on all of the ringside media's cards, everyones.

It all boiled down to the first round. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...