• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

UFC Thread

Yeah, when was the last time you saw two technical decisions in one night?  And that ref killed the main event, Sonen was defending himself, that fight should have continued.

Problem is, they had already stopped a fight for a guy with a dislocated thumb.    The ref may not have let Jones continue with that jacked up toe.

Why is a Lyoto/Jones rematch stupid? Lyoto was whoopin Jones' ass until he made the small mistake of getting choked out standing up. I think a rematch would be entertaining, and challenging for Jones.

That might have been Lyoto at his best.     I think it's all downhill for him now, even though he's the #1 contender.   The matchup of Lyoto vs Gustaffson will settle all of it, despite Jones preferring to fight Gustaffson.   Maybe Jones is afraid of Lyoto a second time around.

• 2 months later...

I was wrong, Uncle Creepy is next week.  

Boring night of fights.  The women keep showing the men how to do it.  The co-main event illustrated what's wrong with the UFC right now.  Rogan said it could be a title fight, two top contenders, and it was a points-fest.

A little disappointed. The two final matches were put together well and I liked the fights from a technical point of view, but they aren't exciting for the masses. I kind of expected it with McDonald and Ellenberg though.

We got a kick to the head KO and the chick fight was actually pretty good....one sided, but good. The chick that won made me feel inadequate, her lats and shoulders are amazing.

On a side note, props to the UFC on presentation. This was the first fight I saw in a while and they are Americanizing the sport for at least these free Fox events. The BCS style rankings next to the name and the Twitter feed at the bottom. I thought it was great for the casual fan and looks more like a normal sport opposed to a pay per view special event.

A little disappointed. The two final matches were put together well and I liked the fights from a technical point of view, but they aren't exciting for the masses. I kind of expected it with McDonald and Ellenberg though.

We got a kick to the head KO and the chick fight was actually pretty good....one sided, but good. The chick that won made me feel inadequate, her lats and shoulders are amazing.

On a side note, props to the UFC on presentation. This was the first fight I saw in a while and they are Americanizing the sport for at least these free Fox events. The BCS style rankings next to the name and the Twitter feed at the bottom. I thought it was great for the casual fan and looks more like a normal sport opposed to a pay per view special event.

Interesting points.  I was also noticing Carmouche's arms.  I bet she could give Faber a run for the money.  

I kinda don't like the commercials in between rounds but that adds to what you said, making it more like a regular sport and not a PPV exclusive.  

I get the technical aspects of the McDonald/Ellenberger fight, but they spent almost the entire thing on their feet and didn't land many significant punches.  The only action was at the end of the rounds.  Meh.  I didn't see the KO in the prelims.  

It was the Lawler fight after the chicks, Lawler connected with a head kick and dropped him.

Commercials suck, but that's why it's free. I see casual fans though connecting with the rankings..."#3 versus #4, cool."

The McDonald fight overall was boring for the reasons you stated, but both are good so they didn't want to get caught. McDonald is going to be atop this weight class soon. He's damn good.

Had family over so I just watched he Fox and FX fights.  First of all, the prelims were extremely boring.  Second, I love Guillard, glad to see him get a win, that was a nasty hammer fist.  Third, love watching those fly weight guys fight, they are so frantic.  Mighty Mouse seems pretty unstoppable, haven't seen anyone really give him much of a challenge.

For the 170 weight class, I think that Hendricks is the only guy that could challenge GSP, the rest of these guys have big holes in their game. 

Had family over so I just watched he Fox and FX fights. First of all, the prelims were extremely boring. Second, I love Guillard, glad to see him get a win, that was a nasty hammer fist. Third, love watching those fly weight guys fight, they are so frantic. Mighty Mouse seems pretty unstoppable, haven't seen anyone really give him much of a challenge.

For the 170 weight class, I think that Hendricks is the only guy that could challenge GSP, the rest of these guys have big holes in their game.

I like Hendricks a lot, but his last fight with Condit showed a weakness. Condit was all over him in the third round, and if it would have went more Condit probably would have won. This does not bode well for Hendricks in a fight with GSP, who wins his five-round fights by decision. Kendricks needs a KO in the first two rounds or he'll lose, and GSP is too smart to stay in his range. 

MMA judging has been awful for a while now.  I haven't seen the fight yet, but I heard it wasn't really close.  Only thing I can guess is Machida has always been a defensive fighter who waits for the counter punch.  I think that style hurts him more than it helps him and it relies too much on him getting a knock out.  If you're that type of fighter and you let it go to decision, you're just asking to lose the fight.

• 2 weeks later...

I missed the UFC on FS1 last weekend.  Sounds like it was a good fight.

Wanderlei is totally washed up now but he can still talk.

They were showing Franklin vs Silva II on FS1 the other day.  Silva was done back then, his best years were in Pride.  Some how he has stuck around in UFC, probably because he is popular still.

• 2 weeks later...

Missed the fights this weekend, heard they were good.  Looks like Mir is done, but he'll probably get at least one more fight.  

What happened with Clay Guida?  Man, he used to be one of the most exciting fighters out there.  

Mir is done.  Too bad because I was a fan of his but he just isn't on the same level as the rest of the heavy weights around now.

Guida looked ok but never really got into a groove.  The fight was pretty even until the third round when Mendes took it to him.  Mendes is a really good fighter.

The Henderson Pettis fight was good, but nothing compared to their first fight. I rewatched it on Saturday to get excited for that night. Pettis is awesome. Tought to say who can take him out, but there are a ton of great 155-ers. Some of the guys who used to fight at Light weight are dropping to Feather Weight (Edgar and Guida) but that division is tough as well with guys like Mendes and Aldo.

I'm also interested to see what happens in the Middle Weight division with Silva out of the picture. It's wide open at this point. I really want someone to take out GSP as well. He's gotten really boring in his last few fights.