• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Well it started off well

Chuck

I was so stoked after the first two innings.

Then that wild pitch to strike out Miller which that should have been the third out.

Then Hamilton gets injured.

F me. I have tickets for tomorrow too.

We'll at least Pujols looks good again.

Whatever. Goodnight. €×;!/÷*×)! $@

Edited by mancini79

I think the wild pitch was on Iannetta and not on Santiago. He should have caught it. He lost his concentration. Hamilton drop was a surprise. I can see that the ball may have been slipping out during the transfer, but I don't think there was sufficient evidence to overturn. That was a surprise. But still, the difference in the game?--Seattle played stellar defense with some great grabs of a Hamilton hit and Kendrick hit that would have opened up scoring. Their pitchers came in and threw strikes. Our hitters took a lot of first pitch strikes--good to see the discipline from the hitters, but the Angels hitters fell behind while Seattle's got ahead on counts and worked walks. It seemed every relief pitcher came in and threw at least two straight balls. Angels generally looked casual while Seattle looked excited and ready to play. 

I think the wild pitch was on Iannetta and not on Santiago. He should have caught it. He lost his concentration. Hamilton drop was a surprise. I can see that the ball may have been slipping out during the transfer, but I don't think there was sufficient evidence to overturn. That was a surprise. But still, the difference in the game?--Seattle played stellar defense with some great grabs of a Hamilton hit and Kendrick hit that would have opened up scoring. Their pitchers came in and threw strikes. Our hitters took a lot of first pitch strikes--good to see the discipline from the hitters, but the Angels hitters fell behind while Seattle's got ahead on counts and worked walks. It seemed every relief pitcher came in and threw at least two straight balls. Angels generally looked casual while Seattle looked excited and ready to play. 

I agree. Should have been a passed ball. 

That said, Santiago had Smoak and Hart with two strikes and he served up a meatball right down the middle of the plate. You make two better pitches right there and we win the game. 

I will say this. Aside from Santiago's command issues in that inning, he was throwing gas at the stadium and looked very good at times, registering 96 MPH 5 times, mostly sitting at 92-94 throughout the game. 

If Santiago cannot go 6 innings, the Angels may want to look at him at being a late inning reliever. He does have shutdown stuff and his FB can get up a tick or two coming out of the pen. That's nasty! 

That would mean Shoemaker or Alvarez would need to fill his spot though. I'm fine with either. But it's still too early to give up on Santiago as a starter. Maybe something to think about down the road. 

I'll be back there tonight, but I think the Angels will lose. The Mariners just have our number. That's fine however if they do well against everyone else this season. 

I agree. Should have been a passed ball. 

That said, Santiago had Smoak and Hart with two strikes and he served up a meatball right down the middle of the plate. You make two better pitches right there and we win the game. 

I will say this. Aside from Santiago's command issues in that inning, he was throwing gas at the stadium and looked very good at times, registering 96 MPH 5 times, mostly sitting at 92-94 throughout the game. 

If Santiago cannot go 6 innings, the Angels may want to look at him at being a late inning reliever. He does have shutdown stuff and his FB can get up a tick or two coming out of the pen. That's nasty! 

That would mean Shoemaker or Alvarez would need to fill his spot though. I'm fine with either. But it's still too early to give up on Santiago as a starter. Maybe something to think about down the road. 

I'll be back there tonight, but I think the Angels will lose. The Mariners just have our number. That's fine however if they do well against everyone else this season. 

I agree with you, Chuck, at least from what I could see on TV. He looked dominant early and has good stuff. He has enough pitches to be a successful starter, but he's got to get them under control. He reminds me a bit of Santana. He wasn't missing by a whole lot, but enough that his compensation was a few really hitable pitches. But turning a close game over to the bullpen right now is waiving the white flag. 

whoa calm down there big guy

I am calm. And realistic. I've seen this story before. For some odd reason on any given season a team can just own you.

Like we did a few years back, when we played the Boston Red Sox 9 times and won every contest that season.

I am calm. And realistic. I've seen this story before. For some odd reason on any given season a team can just own you.

Like we did a few years back, when we played the Boston Red Sox 9 times and won every contest that season.

We owned Detroit last season. Remember when Torii said "we're here to eat".

Edited by Hamiltown

And didn't the Red Sox beat the Halos in the post-season that year (2008) despite that?