• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Josh Hamilton Injury

I'm not talking about how stupid Hamilton is. I've voiced my opinion here about the play around 3 times

I'm talking about how our players recovery times are a joke compared to other teams.

Do you have any evidence to back this claim up?  Anything at all?

Edited by mtangelsfan

Don't forget Mo Vaughn. Is our stadium built on Indian burial ground? Hey at least we got 2002 to reminiscent about.

Yes. Angels stadium was built on a local Native burial ground at the Santa Ana River.

Where the 5 and 57 freeways meet.

Edited by ELEVEN

Do you have any evidence to back this claim up? Anything at all?

Uhhh...Bourjos last season how long did it take for him to recover from a hamstring? Burnett what we're on set back #3 maybe more. Madson never progressed at all when here. That's just the recent luck we've had.

How many years did it take Morales to get back? He missed his entire 2011 season due to complications to his rehab.

Edit- so obviously the angels are pushing these guys to fast too soon to get back bc all we hear is "(insert player name here) has suffered a set back" or whatever rehab they do players are not responding well to them at all.

Edited by nando714

Uhhh...Bourjos last season how long did it take for him to recover from a hamstring? Burnett what we're on set back #3 maybe more. Madson never progressed at all when here. That's just the recent luck we've had.

How many years did it take Morales to get back? He missed his entire 2011 season due to complications to his rehab.

these are horribly anecdotal examples with no reference to any other team.  

Right, so you have evidence that other team's players recover quicker from identical injuries than Angel players do.  I'd just like to see it.  It would be some good reading.

Right, so you have evidence that other team's players recover quicker from identical injuries than Angel players do. I'd just like to see it. It would be some good reading.

August 2010 Strasburg has Tommy John surgery

August 2011 he makes his first rehab start.

A great time time table for a severe injury like that. Well see how it takes Moran to start his first rehab gig

The Angels hurt Madsen by signing him? Dude you are really reaching here. That set back ison the free agent pitcher, not on the medical staff of the team that signed him as a free agent.

Bc the player sets his own rehab workouts and schedule

Right. ..

Things like TJ surgery are hugely variable.  The Angels can't really do anything to get guys back faster from mega serious arm injuries, it isn't like there's hundreds of different rehab policies that different teams employ.  Surgery, post-op rest, physical therapy and rebuilding arm-strength are pretty self explanatory. 

Madson is also nearly ten years older than Strasburg.  Obviously younger players have the tendency to bounce back quicker from injury.

Sliding head first at 1B in early April...so dumb

I agree with what all of you are saying.  However, you know what is bugging me (not necessarily you bloodbrother) is that I have read so much on this board criticizing players for not making an effort, and for not taking April games seriously.  Now it is...."how stupid".  I am disappointed because I felt Hamilton was going to shut up a lot of critics this year.  And it look like he was going to do that.  I sincerely hope it is not a long term injury.  However, with the Halos luck the last few years we probably won't see him until June......2016!

He's going on the DL for sure. If you jam or bruise your thumb it won't swell.

What a perfect way to end my day.

Where did you get your medical degree?

I can tell you I have jammed my fingers more than I can remember, and they almost always swelled up.  On many occasions I thought the bone was broken.

Time to give Bourjos regular playing time... Oh wait.

Hey at least he hurt his thumb trying to hustle out a much needed single unlike other Angels who have specialized in having players with thumbs up their butts.

Its not that I don't think it was a stupid move by Hamilton,  however, I like that you mentioned that it was done out of hustle...and that is one thing the Angels have been criticized about not giving enough effort.  Here Hamilton gave the effort.

Sliding headfirst into first base does not equate to "making an effort" any moreso than just running through the bag.  It's like commending someone for picking up dogshit with their hands instead of a shovel because it requires more effort and grit.

There's no reason for any player to ever slide while running to first.  The risk vs. reward is pretty much nonexistent; all risk zero reward. 

I agree with what all of you are saying. However, you know what is bugging me (not necessarily you bloodbrother) is that I have read so much on this board criticizing players for not making an effort, and for not taking April games seriously. Now it is...."how stupid". I am disappointed because I felt Hamilton was going to shut up a lot of critics this year. And it look like he was going to do that. I sincerely hope it is not a long term injury. However, with the Halos luck the last few years we probably won't see him until June......2016!

Running through first base (hustling) and diving head first to first base (being an idiot) are not the same. Hope this helps.

Edit: Reveille1984 said it better than I did, did not notice.

Edited by desiderata