• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Josh Hamilton Injury

Bullshit, it is instincts. Instincts if you are stupid, maybe. Some players never do this. Actually, most. Too many do it, though, and it is nuts. Were they not taught as kids not to do this? I'm not sure if I was or not, but it is logical.... sliding slows you down... you can run past the bag... why do it if you aren't avoiding a tag? Because you are stupid. Mistakes happen, but it happens too much... and the same players do it often.

Yes the players that do it do it because it's instinctual. The players that don't do it, well it's not there instincts. I learned never to slide into first and I don't think I ever have.

It is not instinctual. Most are taught correctly at an early age not to do it.  One of  of the first things you teach someone is to run through first base. Sliding comes later.  I cannot believe all of these guys haven't been told not to do it.  Some, maybe.  Most are just stupid.  

It happened twice in tonight's game.  I guess Puig is injured for the same crap.  

@JeffFletcherOCR: Josh Hamilton said it was "a mistake" to slide head first into 1b. But "I would be lying" if he said he wouldn't do it again.

Was it Einstein who said the definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result?

Hamilton is no Einstein.

He's going on the DL for sure. If you jam or bruise your thumb it won't swell.

What a perfect way to end my day.

The immediate swelling is a sign of a possible torn ligament. A partially torn ligament usually gets a cast for 6-8 weeks, then a period of rehabilitation and strengthening. A full tear and you're talking surgery.

My first thought was he was trying to show Albert what hustle is after Albert made absolutely no attempt to break up the double play in the previous inning. Anyway, sliding headfirst to first is just flat out dumb. Ask Kenny Lofton.

Gamekeeper's thumb (also known as skier's thumb or UCL tear) is a type of injury to the ulnar collateral ligament (UCL) of the thumb. The UCL is torn at (or in some cases even avulsed from) its insertion site into the proximal phalanx of the thumb in the vast majority (approximately 90%) of cases.[1]This condition is commonly observed among gamekeepers and Scottish fowl hunters, as well as athletes (such as volleyballers). It also occurs among ordinary people who sustain a fall onto an outstretched hand.

MRI results are critical to identify and ligament or muscle issues. If his hand swelled up that fast that is not a good sign. At all.

If he needs ligament surgery this injury has to rank up there with the Kendrys ankle disaster.

Amazing how many unforced errors plague this organization (Kendrys, trading for Wells, Number 5's contract, etc). Sigh.