• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Five years...

I remember I was on my way to work listening to the Sports Lodge and they broke for the usual morning traffic report---the crash was mentioned in the traffic report and they told commuters to avoid the intersection.  A few minutes later, it was announced that Adenhart was in the vehicle. 

All of the tributes that followed were touching, but none compared to the boys running out to Nick's outfield photo after clinching the division title and celebrating with Nick. 

Besides winning in all in 2002, that was one of the best moments in Angel's history.

(((((((Stradling)))))) It is events like this that remind me what a blessed man I am. My son Alan was 21 when he was killed in a similar senseless accident. I feel for his family. Their life was forever changed that day. I can't begin to describe the pain and anger we felt towards life itself after Alan's accident. The one constant I had during this time was my next door neighbor. Stradling lived next door at the time and helped me more than he will ever know. Yes he is my brother. Yes he was my neighbor. Yes he is who I wanna be if I ever choose to grow up. Love you scott.

Nick Adenhart had a chance to be one of the really good ones. His last game showed us that. The way he was taken from his family and all of us was tragic. If I could recommend one way to honor his memory it would be to always let people know how much love you have for them. I don't want to sound preachy or assholier than thou but Nick's passing shows that nothing is promised. Have no regrets and leave nothing unsaid. Baseball, after all, is just a game. A game kissed by the face of God, but still just a game. I will continue to keep good thoughts for Nicks family. The Angel family. And our Angelswin family. I love you all. Some more than others but love just the same.

Rest well 34.

I am sorry for anyone who loses a loved one to a senseless tragedy. I also felt bad for the others that died who seemed to get glossed over at the beginning. I have always wondered what kind of impact Nick would have had. I am glad he went out on a high note and his last words to Butcher were "I got it,Coach"  He had to be so happy that night. I think our lives are already planned out from the beginning. You can alter some things by your behavior but trying to decide if one quicker out or playing extra innings would have changed things. Doubt it.

RIP Nick

April 9 is still etched in my memory, probably forever. On Wednesday I kept looking at the date and feeling sick. The whole thing still feels so awful.

What's important is that the whole thing isn't forgotten. It's one of the greatest Angels tragedies (unfortunately there's been too many of them) and we should remember it out of respect - and to not forget the many important lessons I think we learned from it. I'm so paranoid about drink driving now that I avoid driving at all costs for about a day after a night out. And when this whole baseball thing gets a bit too important or I get a bit too angry, there's no better way to remember that it's not that big a deal than to think about that awful day.

RIP Nick, Courtney and Henry. I'll never forget.