• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bees Win Opener, 8-3

Yea, we have a horrible farm system because none of those guys you mentioned will be really good major leaguers. We could see one of them being a starter, but not a real impact guy. I love having the Salmon's and the GA's and the Trout's come up through the system. What I would like right now though is to have another Shields or K-Rod come in and save the day, because what we have in the bully is pretty ugly.

Grant Green looked good at SS, Lucho is finding his timing, and Lindsey and Cron don't look intimidated at all. That's a good, talented squad. AA looks really strong too. But apparently we have a terrible farm system.

Well yeah, we do have a terrible farm system.

I think Green's potential is an everyday 2B or 3B, or utility IF with a solid bat off the bench.  But since we have Lindsay at 2B, Jimenez at 3B, and traded Romine; looks like Green will get a lot of time at SS.

Well yeah, we do have a terrible farm system.

Yes we do, I'll admit.  There are definitely some weak spots, specifically AAA and AA starting pitching, but I think we can all agree it isn't barren.  Sappington looks like a major leaguer, it's just a question of bullpen or rotation.  Lindsey, Cron, Cowart, Stamets, Yarbrough and Rondon are all going to be major leaguers, it's just a question of whether or not they'll turn into role players, starters or stars.  And we have a couple of very young, high upside arms in Hunter Green and Ricardo Sanchez.  

I feel like the last 3 years the Angels prospects haven't received the attention that other, lesser prospects get.  Grichuk was just the guy drafted before Trout, but suddenly he's dealt to the Cardinals and now he must be really good.  After all, he's a Cardinal prospect now.  Not to mention we've seen a wave of players step into prominent MLB roles in the last 3-4 years in Trout, Bourjos, Trumbo, Torres and Richards.  How many of them frequented Top 100 lists?  One.

I think it'd be fair to say that this next wave that arrives in the next 2 years will also churn out it's fair share of players in prominent roles.