• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Game of Thrones

After letting it sit with me for awhile, I'm very happy with the opening episode.

(commence spoilers) There are so many call backs to the pilot that it's hard to keep track of them all. In fact the episode is very much a mirror image of it from the kid climbing to get a better view on Jon & Danny's arrival, to the impaled little kid, heck the episode even ends with Jaime and Bran. There is a symmetry here between the present and the past, and while some of it seems intended to highlight character growth over the years, there is a strong element of foreshadowing at play in others. Im thinking specifically of the scene between Danny and Jon following the dragon riding sequence. This is a nearly identical scene to the one with Igrit and Jon in the cave back in season 3 or 4. That was a story of two star-crossed lovers without hope for any possible outcome besides tragedy. It's a nice scene between the two characters but completely ominous in the context presented.

10 hours ago, red321 said:

not sure about hulu...but on Apple TV you can download the HBO Go or Now apps and then for a fee get access to HBO

gonna admit, my interest in paying to watch isn't as strong as my desire to watch it for free.

thanks for the info. i'll see if hulu has it.

7 hours ago, Tank said:

gonna admit, my interest in paying to watch isn't as strong as my desire to watch it for free.

thanks for the info. i'll see if hulu has it.

It’s the same with Hulu as the other streaming services. You can choose to add HBO access on Hulu for a monthly fee. Basically, if you’d like to watch it legally, HBO will be getting their cut from you regardless of what platform you choose. There’s no way around that unless you’d like to pirate it. And it is the most pirated program in history I believe.

I love action as much as anyone but I live for character.

From a character perspective this was a 10/10. For many of these characters I think this will be the last time we really get to spend with them... particularly those around the fire. In that context it was an emotional episode.

13 hours ago, Brandon said:

Seeing Arya's tits was weird. She's 22 now, but was under age when the show started.

huge google spike on the search phrase "how old is masie williams" last night

https://twitter.com/toni_goins/status/1120157034954018816/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1120157034954018816&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2F10daily.com.au%2Fentertainment%2Ftv%2Fa190422iaq%2Feveryone-is-googling-arya-starks-age-after-the-recent-game-of-thrones-ep-20190422

Last night was a great episode...and forecasts next week is going to be brutal.

I think there are some characters who you can say their story arc is "complete", or was at least resolved and I would expect them to die next week.

Not really a spoiler...just conjecture on my part

Spoiler

Brienne, Theon, Greyworm, Jorah...I think they all die in some fashion next week. I think there's a chance we see Arya die as well.

I think folks like Jamie/Tyrion survive, since the whole Bronn crossbow thing has to play out. Hound survives since he has to kill Mountain still.

20 minutes ago, red321 said:

Last night was a great episode...and forecasts next week is going to be brutal.

I think there are some characters who you can say their story arc is "complete", or was at least resolved and I would expect them to die next week.

Not really a spoiler...just conjecture on my part

Reveal hidden contents

I agree with all your projections on who joins the RIP list, and would also add:

Spoiler

Beric Dondarrion because they made the comment about how many times they have brought him back to life, and Samwell Tarly because he said he could fight, but they insisted he go to the crypt for safe keeping. I can picture a breach of the crypt, and Samwell playing the tragic hero.

46 minutes ago, NJHalo said:

I agree with all your projections on who joins the RIP list, and would also add:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Oh yeah, there will be a lot more included in the RIP list. Beric is a good candidate, Gendry, Thormund, Davos. I don't think Sam will die, but I could see the scenario you laid out.

3 hours ago, red321 said:

oh, another thought...

Hide contents

Arya doesn't die...the Hound dies saving her life and she takes his face and then kills the Mountain in later episodes

Spoiler

What if Gendry impregnated Arya? Will that baby have a claim to the throne if Jon and Dany die?

On April 21, 2019 at 7:46 PM, Brandon said:

Seeing Arya's tits was weird. She's 22 now, but was under age when the show started.

Lol I knew I could count on you for some in-depth analysis. 

this is how I felt watching that scene:

scared look around GIF by Fuse