• AngelsWin.com's Charity of the Month 
    Click on the image above to donate!

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Can you get these Game of Thrones books for an e-Reader? I really need to spend the next year reading them because it seems the final season (8) may not be ready until late 2018 or even 2019. 

Yep, there are great E books that include tons of digital content as well. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

VINTAGE. BASEBALL. STORY. 
Visit Big Fly Gear to get your baseball apparel today!
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

yeah...you would think they could come up with something family and wholesome...like auditioning a harem of women to try and find true love in televised increments over 3 months.

im excited for the spinnof they just announced: where tormund and the hound get an apartment together in new york. 

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I tend to agree with UndertheHalo.  Also correct me if I'm wrong as it's been years since I read the first 3 books but wasn't it discussed that Rhaeger was a reader and not a fighter early on but after reading about the prince that was promised prophecy he started training?  I thought it was insinuated that he did so as he believed he had a role to fulfill in the prophecy which would help mankind fight the darkness.  He left his best knights behind at the tower of joy when guys that skilled could have conceivably helped turn the tide at the battle of the trident so it seems he felt protecting his soon to be born child was more important.  Maybe the guise of kidnapping Lyanna was also better than professing his love for her considering his dad had insulted Tywin when he originally proposed Rhaegar marry Cersei and at that point the Lannisters were still supporters of the mad king.  

Yes, Rhaegar strongly believed in the prince who was promised and I think he might have been the one who talked about the dragon having three heads, or at least believed in that prophecy.

Some theories also talk about how Aerys was paranoid about everyone, including Rhaegar, and that he would have thought the marriage between Rhaegar and Lyanna was to buy Stark loyalty and trying to usurp the throne.

I have mixed feelings about this episode, and season in general. For a season finale it was lacking, BUT it would've made an epic episode 7....

Part of my concern after last week was that the plot had just not progressed far enough for me to be happy with the outcome at the end of last nights episode. The truth though, is that this episode does not really feel like a finale, but more of a big episode later in a season. It makes me think that what we are seeing is not really a shortened 'season 7 and shortened season 8' but rather one huge expanded season 7.

There are pros and cons to that choice. The pro being that they didn't completely ruin season 7 by truncating it, but the cons are also pretty big. I had long hoped for a more protracted and long drawn out 'long night' conclusion to the series, but it seems we aren't going to get that. Instead we will get the Cersei / Danny / White Walkers war all the way to the end, and I guess I am OK with that. 

The other con is that, overall season 7 is probably the weakest in the series if only because it does not have a strong through-arch. It's more of a fast paced introduction to the end game scenario.

27 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Awesome! 

I'm already dreading season 8 being over even though it's most likely more than a year away. lol

Like cez I just want this to be over.  I haven't been following it for 20 years but it's been over 10 and the biggest turn off for me was the fact the books weren't close to being done.  I'm glad Martin told the show producers how it ends in case he became ill or passed away because that's something Robert Jordan didn't do with the WOT series.  I think they have plenty of other material in the prequels and even though word is they won't do Robert's Rebellion I wish they'd reconsider.  

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

The fact that they intercut it with the official revelation of it being incest is a clue as to how it will probably work out. Also Jon's new identity can probably only complicate things.

All that said, it's hard for me to see the truth being taken seriously by everyone. I mean, Bran seems nuts, I can't imagine people would take him on his word... and Sam is Jon's best friend, so it's not like people will view him as impartial either.

2 hours ago, AngelsLongBall said:

So Bran can see everything, yet he didn't see that Rhaegar and Lyanna got married?

naw, he did. they showed him watching from afar when they did the nuptials. 

the real question is why this dude waited a while season to finally say, "I think we need to tell Jon"

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

All that said, it's hard for me to see the truth being taken seriously by everyone. I mean, Bran seems nuts, I can't imagine people would take him on his word... and Sam is Jon's best friend, so it's not like people will view him as impartial either.

I'm sure a lot of people won't believe it which means we probably see Howland Reed finally make an appearance and confirm what Bran and Sam already know. 

finally got around to watching the last episode last night

overall, i'm pretty pleased. it's all a little rushed, but martin is probably about 10 years away from getting at any of this stuff. 

also, the ending made me think of marty mcfly sleeping with his aunt vera in "The Secret of My Success"

3B140CC700000578-4003654-image-m-36_1480