• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Game of Thrones

12 minutes ago, Blarg said:

He leaves, unkowingly, as the rightful heir to a throne now that dad and brother were roasted by Daenerys dragon. Will be interesting to see how he reacts to that.

Yeah, the timing was impeccable. I was thinking about that too.

Dany bodies his family, but Jon Snow is somewhat on the same team as her. Granted, the show did a good job of them kind of disowning him because he wasn't Billy Badass and some alpha....which he knew.

Maybe @mrwicked is right and he ends up the ruler of the seven kingdoms. 

37 minutes ago, NJHalo said:

Except for the White Walkers. They have been walking to the wall for 5 seasons yet, and are still not there. Yet, Jon Snow and Sam have been there and back (also on foot), had contact with the White Walkers, been all over Westeros, and still they have yet to reach the wall.

Naw, remember that battle by some body of water where they rolled up and murked damn near everyone where they retreated on canoes?

It's like they got them to retreat and then gathered the homies to march on everyone like it's Charlottesville. Plus, those motherfuckers looks to be slows as fuck. I think the Walking Dead zombies limp faster than these dudes.

2 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

He has still taken his vows as a member of the nights watch.

He walked away from Night's Watch to care for his wildling wife and child. So in a sense he went AWOL and could be executed for abandoning his post.

47 minutes ago, Blarg said:

He walked away from Night's Watch to care for his wildling wife and child. So in a sense he went AWOL and could be executed for abandoning his post.

Technically Jon sent him away to the Citadel while lord commander.  I think Samwell is in good shape with the Nightswatch.  

On 8/15/2017 at 9:58 PM, Blarg said:

He leaves, unkowingly, as the rightful heir to a throne now that dad and brother were roasted by Daenerys dragon. Will be interesting to see how he reacts to that.

Actually, per Gilly, Jon is the rightful heir.

On 8/17/2017 at 0:49 AM, failos said:

Wow episode 6 was incredible. I couldn't resist, so I watched the leaked version (720p) on my Apple TV. 

Now I have to wait 11 days to see what happens next.

I'm glad I watched it though,  since there are spoilers everywhere.

So, ya... a lot to unpack in that episode... it's probably an entire GRRM book in ~70 minutes.

We've talked a lot about the traveling timeline speeding up but for the first time we saw the timeline speed up within interconnected stories. Are we to believe that Gendry ran all the way back to the wall, they sent a raven all the way to Dragonstone, where Danny got the message, hopped on a dragon and flew all the way north of the wall, in the time it takes water to freeze in the north in winter?!?!

THere was a lot about that episode that didn't make any sense or was simply bad writing overall tbh. It had its moments but overall it left me kinda annoyed lol.

- Why didn't Jon get on Drogon with everybody else instead of just cutting down a few more zombies for no good reason

- Why didnt' Benjen also hop on the horse with Jon? Willing to accept that maybe he didn't do so as the added weight would slow the horse down a bit

- Why did the Night King throw the spear at the flying dragon when he had Drogon sitting right there, not moving at all, with all of the group just sitting on it

- The travel distance stuff has been somewhat jarring but I've accepted it. Tonight's ep was probably its worst offender though because it really messed with the sense of realism that they had established from prior seasons. Screw the logistics, just needed to get Dany to Jon and to get Jon to safety to advance the story

Another thing....GoT's brutal universe meant that whenever a character made a stupid mistake, it meant death, but not anymore! This "capture a wight" plan was ridiculously stupid by all parties involved that never made any sense

Really wish this season was 10 eps because they've been rushing things which has had a negative impact on the overall arcs

30 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

THere was a lot about that episode that didn't make any sense or was simply bad writing overall tbh. It had its moments but overall it left me kinda annoyed lol.

- Why didn't Jon get on Drogon with everybody else instead of just cutting down a few more zombies for no good reason

- Why didnt' Benjen also hop on the horse with Jon? Willing to accept that maybe he didn't do so as the added weight would slow the horse down a bit

- Why did the Night King throw the spear at the flying dragon when he had Drogon sitting right there, not moving at all, with all of the group just sitting on it

- The travel distance stuff has been somewhat jarring but I've accepted it. Tonight's ep was probably its worst offender though because it really messed with the sense of realism that they had established from prior seasons. Screw the logistics, just needed to get Dany to Jon and to get Jon to safety to advance the story

Another thing....GoT's brutal universe meant that whenever a character made a stupid mistake, it meant death, but not anymore! This "capture a wight" plan was ridiculously stupid by all parties involved that never made any sense

Really wish this season was 10 eps because they've been rushing things which has had a negative impact on the overall arcs

This exactly. 

It honestly has made me wonder if ANYTHING from the last season or two is going to be from books aside from the most significant plot point or two.

49 minutes ago, ArturoMoreno said:

Well, my dick is hard.

I just want to say that all the character interaction among the "suicide squad" party was the funniest shit I have heard in a long while. Pretty bummed that Thoros of Myr bought the farm, but I knew some mid-level character had to get it one way or another. Fucking sucks that The Hound can't get over that fire shit. Cost us a damn fine combatant. 

Makes sense for Jon to buy the squad some time, fighting off wights while everyone gets settled in for the dragon ride -- leaders are first in, and last out. 

I'm just real excited for this episode. Benjen finally given closure, the leader of the strongest army in Westeros (Dany) being formally aware of the Dead threat, white walker dragon. Goddamn. How am I expected to work tomorrow? 

im with you man, i really enjoyed it.  I get the complaints about the pacing.  I do ! I guess i just am fine with accepting it.  The one hole that I found a bit much was why the Night King went after the flying dragon instead of landed Drogon.  Which would have screwed over all the homies trying to get on him.  Oh well.  Like I said,  I really enjoyed it.  Some great dialogue.  Super tense moments.  I wish they could have done 10 episodes, but I'm sure they have their reasons.  We all know HBO would have been fine with it.  The producers apparently didn't believe they had enough content.  Fair enough.  

Quit your bitching about Night King not hitting Drogon lol. Seeing him line up Viserion like that and nail him in mid air from afar was a show of strength.

Also,

Don't read the spoiler part unless you're a book reader/up to date on fan theories.

Spoiler

Also, there's no way Drogon or Rhaegal were going to die there. We need to see Dany on Drogon and Jon on the dragon named after his dad for crying out loud. 

12 minutes ago, nate said:

I thought this was incredibly predictable, as soon as she left with all three dragons you knew one would be killed.  As soon as it died you knew it would become a zombie.

Anyone else think that Arya killed Baelish and that was her talking to Sansa in that scene?

I think that more and more the story is gonna fall into the traditional fantasy good vs. evil trope.  It's already pretty much there.  The main conflict is moving away from one between people, which allows for the grey shaded stuff and into the black and white battle with the white walkers.  It's gonna be predictable in a lot of ways probably.  Tho to be fair, from the first lines in the book and the first scenes in the show, we knew it would end up here. 

13 minutes ago, nate said:

I thought this wasn't Martin's writing anymore?  Like they moved on and the HBO people are writing it now?

Anyway Benjen finding Jon was almost certainly by way of Bran.

They are going off of Martin's outline that he gave them like 4 years back.

I'd be interested in hearing how @Brandon felt about the episode, since he seemed to be more critical of the pace than I was.