• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Predictions for the SEA-OAK game tonight?

Is Seattle really as good as they looked while here? They both have their #4 starters going, and Oak played 2 yesterday..

Any guesses?

Edit: this probably should have gone into the Around MLB thread...I would have deleted and reposted there if I could. Mods....feel free.

Edited by Homebrewer

M's lefty-heavy lineup facing a righty.  

M's starter making MLB debut.  

I think predicting a high-scoring game makes sense, but IDK.  

Seattle pitcher making 1st ever start, and Oaks Chaves making 1st start since 2012.

Could be 15-12.

I predict Seattle will be shutout on 2 hits and the superfans on here will find another reason to explain away the last 3 nights.

Seattle won't be shut out and I am pretty sure they only explanation for the three game sweep is a lot of awful play by a lot of Angel players.

Because Chavez is bad.  And all offseason I was told our starting pitchers were good. 

I would wager Santiago and Skaggs end up better than Hanson and Blanton did last year. However, Weaver and Wilson are both a year older and we lost Vargas. I'd say on balance that means our rotation is about the same as last year. 

QM, You've watched enough baseball in your life to where you can't possibly be serious. Lots of times teams get hot for a week at a time. Lots of times a pitcher can have great starts. That's what makes baseball amazing. Remember when Saunders out pitched Greinke? Or Ramon Ortiz went pitch for pitch with Pedro Martinez? Remember last year, we weren't a great team and yet we went 6-0 against a pretty darn good Tigers team? It's baseball, one thing doesnt mean something else.

Edited by Stradling

QM, You've watched enough baseball in your life to where you can't possibly be serious. Lots of times teams get hot for a week at a time. Lots of times a pitcher can have great starts. That's what makes baseball amazing. Remember when Saunders out pitched Greinke? Or Ramon Ortiz went pitch for pitch with Pedro Martinez? Remember last year, we weren't a great team and yet we went 6-0 against a pretty darn good Tigers team? It's baseball, one thing doesnt mean something else.

I actually remember both those examples, nice work, brought back some memories.  In this situation however, we are not the Martinez or Greinke.  We can't act like we are a superstar ballclub anymore being defeated by inferior opponents time and time again.  We have been a mediocre team for four years. Which is why I didn't buy the offseason "this a new team" BS.  It's still an average team that's going to produce like the last four years unless there's some major changes.  

Except for the umps, this is a pretty good game.

Kid got hosed on that big curveball.

Oakland Stadium...where the plumbing leaks and the review phones don't work.

And checking the count??? 4 f'n umps don't know the count?

2-1 Sea top 6

Anyone posting in this thread...can we all just admit...win or lose..we are already so bored as hell with an Angels off day that we are watching the A's Mariners. 

Meh. As an M's fan I still watched the Texas/Phillies games because they were on earlier .... think it's just beginning of the season baseball fun ... don't care who I watch. 

I even watched a Rockies/Marlins game ... then again it was Jose Fernandez pitching.

I'm a baseball fan for 50+ years. It doesn't have to be the Halo's if there is a game that interests me, I get my money's worth from MLBtv. I'm a baseball fan first.

I remember this pitcher Chavez now, it wasn't until I saw him that I knew who he was.

Good game...still 2-1 t7