• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Quote of the Day

You guys fricking parse every word.  What the F do you want these guys to say after three games?  'We suck and we are going to be losers the whole season'?  I'm sure that would go over real well on here.

Guys get microphones stuck in there faces and asked questions they have to give answers, at that point with a bunch of posters here, whatever they say, you guys are all over it.  Doesn't matter what it is that comes out of their mouths.

So true. Good post MT. 

I don't get "excuses".

Sounds more like a reporter asked a rhetorical question that he had to answer.

I'm not sure what some you are looking for in player interviews. They play like shit then have a mic shoved in their face after the game,

What more can the Angels ask for, they open at home in good weather, they just stink.

Actually it was a bit chilly the past two nights. Maybe the players were having trouble transitioning from the warm Arizona days. The Mariners are more used to these kind of evenings.

Yeah, that's it.

Critiquing quotes is probably the lamest shit we do as a fan. To say its pathetic would barely scratch the surface of just how sad it really is. This is a general observation and not directed at anyone in particular.

I get that Strad but when a guy like Pujols tells the world he's 100% healthy and he's going to shut everyone up he better back it up or these threads will never stop.

I don't get "excuses".

Sounds more like a reporter asked a rhetorical question that he had to answer.

I'm not sure what some you are looking for in player interviews. They play like shit then have a mic shoved in their face after the game,

I've often thought about what it would be like if I had an assload of fans watching me do my job and loudly critiquing every moment of it, and then posting about it.  

"You suck, man!  My mom could troubleshoot better than you and she's dead and doesn't even know what a multimeter is!"  Maybe a sign that says "Hey Glen, instead of fixing the problem just swap another part and hope it goes away!"

Edit: that would either be a very large sign or it would be in a very small font.

Edited by Glen

I agree completely, until someone says "no comment" to a reporter and then this place erupts with what that really means.

"No comment" obviously means the player is sick of Scioscia and wants a change!

Hey, I'm guilty of jumping on comments too, especially after a crappy performance like the last three games.  It's easy to do.

Just for once, I'd like to hear something like "Four strikeouts. I stunk. I'm going to come out Friday and try to do better."

Not convoluted explanations. A little humility and honesty would be refreshing.

Thinking that there need to be "explanations" after three games is comical.  Dude, wait ten games, or at least twice through the rotation before you jump off the deep end.   Yeah, you'd love to hear a guy say he stunk...  Only, it wouldn't be honesty, it would be pandering to fans who think they deserve explanations.  This entire reaction from people is essentially "Howie Kendrick sucks because he can't win a batting title", the team version.   Despite all the comments to the contrary, ST raised people's expectations and seeing them stumble out of the gate has caused a major letdown and subsequent uproar.  

Whatever..  They have stunk..   Calhoun, Pujols, Aybar and Kendrick aren't going to hit below .200 all year.   The pen may very well be as awful as it's looked, but the rest of these dolts will get it going.

Less talk about themselves and more action from these players would be welcome.

Help me out -- are they supposed to talk less about themselves before or after they have explained themselves?    

Edited by Inside Pitch

Thinking that there need to be "explanations" after three games is comical.  Dude, wait ten games, or at least twice through the rotation before you jump off the deep end.   Yeah, you'd love to hear a guy say he stunk...  Only, it wouldn't be honesty, it would be pandering to fans who think they deserve explanations.  This entire reaction from people is essentially "Howie Kendrick sucks because he can't win a batting title", the team version.   Despite all the comments to the contrary, ST raised people's expectations and seeing them stumble out of the gate has caused a major letdown and subsequent uproar.  

Whatever..  They have stunk..   Calhoun, Pujols, Aybar and Kendrick aren't going to hit below .200 all year.   The pen may very well be as awful as it's looked, but the rest of these dolts will get it going.

Help me out -- are they supposed to talk less about themselves before or after they have explained themselves?    

Fan entitlement.

I have no idea what Hamilton meant by "not only here but at home," but anybody in any profession is expected to be able to separate work from home. Those of us who don't have guaranteed contracts for millions of dollars can even get fired if we can't manage it.

At any rate, 3 games isn't enough to figure out what's real and what's not real for a season. The' M's aren't going to go undefeated this year any more than the Angels are going to go winless this year. I'd recommend giving it a whole week before making proclamations of doom or glory.

To be fair, we have 4 games against houston this week.

So I ask that we get 2 weeks for proclamations.

I've often thought about what it would be like if I had an assload of fans watching me do my job and loudly critiquing every moment of it, and then posting about it.

"You suck, man! My mom could troubleshoot better than you and she's dead and doesn't even know what a multimeter is!" Maybe a sign that says "Hey Glen, instead of fixing the problem just swap another part and hope it goes away!"

Edit: that would either be a very large sign or it would be in a very small font.

Yep. As someone who is in the public spotlight I can definetely relate...