• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Quote of the Day

Mike DiGiovanna in today's L.A. Times, in response to Hamilton:

Josh Hamilton nearly scolded a reporter for asking if, in light of the Angels' brutal Aprils of 2012 and 2013, there was concern that a "here-we-go-again" mentality could creep into the clubhouse with another sluggish start.
"We haven't thought about that, so stop thinking about it," the Angels left fielder said. "Talk to me in a like a week and a half. Guys are getting their feel, getting settled in, not only here but at home. We'll be good."

Getting their feel? Getting settled in? If the Angels needed time to acclimate to the regular season, just what was that little six-week exercise in Arizona known as spring training for?

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-angels-20140403,0,5004630.story#ixzz2xqK3HzFH

You guys fricking parse every word.  What the F do you want these guys to say after three games?  'We suck and we are going to be losers the whole season'?  I'm sure that would go over real well on here.

Guys get microphones stuck in there faces and asked questions they have to give answers, at that point with a bunch of posters here, whatever they say, you guys are all over it.  Doesn't matter what it is that comes out of their mouths.

I think he means that most players have families that live in other places.  Players have to help their families settle in locally.  If you have ever moved then you know it is the worst job ever created.

Mariners' players must have already settled their families in. They sure played like they were ready and raring to go.

You guys fricking parse every word. What the F do you want these guys to say after three games? 'We suck and we are going to be losers the whole season'? I'm sure that would go over real well on here.

Guys get microphones stuck in there faces and asked questions they have to give answers, at that point with a bunch of posters here, whatever they say, you guys are all over it. Doesn't matter what it is that comes out of their mouths.

This times infinity

I didn't know the Mariners players moved their families to Orange County for the season.

The point is, they're just all excuses. I'm not aware that home teams lose their opening games at a significantly higher historical rate because the players are busy "settling their families in". What a dumb excuse.

Players should be ready on Day One. They had months to settle their families in locally, whatever that even means.

You guys fricking parse every word.  What the F do you want these guys to say after three games?  'We suck and we are going to be losers the whole season'?  I'm sure that would go over real well on here.

Guys get microphones stuck in there faces and asked questions they have to give answers, at that point with a bunch of posters here, whatever they say, you guys are all over it.  Doesn't matter what it is that comes out of their mouths.

I can see both sides of the issues.  Yeah, on the face it's a fairly innocent quote and players aren't going to say the season is over after three games.  However, I also get being tired of crap excuses like that.  

It's a no-win situation for the players.  

The FS media and AM830 lackeys LOVE to tell us that there is no panic in the clubhouse, Langston and Smith mentioned several times in the ninth inning that the players 'will be fine'.

That is awful comforting to know.  They are doing fine.  Just like in 2012 and 2013.  They did fine.  Slept like babies, in fact.

As a paying fan, I'd kinda like to know that someone *isn't* fine with the constant losing in April.

Its just reaching for crap to be mad at.  As if the play on the field isn't bad enough?  I'm just as pissed as anyone for their uninspired play so far, but good lord can you people at least make your criticisms something actually worth being critical of?

The board gets unreadable not because people complain about how the team is playing, but because people start complaining about idiotic, ridiculous stuff instead of what is clearly there in front of them.

Instead of being pissed that player A got picked off instead they want to complain that Sosh took pitcher B out and replaced him with pitcher C when it should have happened one batter earlier with pitcher E.  Instead of getting pissed that player G misplayed a ball into a triple they want to complain that player X answered a reporters question in a fashion they didn't care for.

Just for once, I'd like to hear something like "Four strikeouts. I stunk. I'm going to come out Friday and try to do better."

Not convoluted explanations. A little humility and honesty would be refreshing.

Yep, players looking in the mirror would be a nice start.

Its just reaching for crap to be mad at.  As if the play on the field isn't bad enough?  I'm just as pissed as anyone for their uninspired play so far, but good lord can you people at least make your criticisms something actually worth being critical of?

The board gets unreadable not because people complain about how the team is playing, but because people start complaining about idiotic, ridiculous stuff instead of what is clearly there in front of them.

Instead of being pissed that player A got picked off instead they want to complain that Sosh took pitcher B out and replaced him with pitcher C when it should have happened one batter earlier with pitcher E.  Instead of getting pissed that player G misplayed a ball into a triple they want to complain that player X answered a reporters question in a fashion they didn't care for.

Don't tell me or other posters what to do.  If you don't like it, nobody is forcing you to read it.

Its just reaching for crap to be mad at. As if the play on the field isn't bad enough? I'm just as pissed as anyone for their uninspired play so far, but good lord can you people at least make your criticisms something actually worth being critical of?

Instead of being pissed that player A got picked off instead they want to complain that Sosh took pitcher B out and replaced him with pitcher C when it should have happened one batter earlier with pitcher E. Instead of getting pissed that player G misplayed a ball into a triple they want to complain that player X answered a reporters question in a fashion they didn't care for.

Exactly. They see poor performance and wait like vultures for the post game quotes. None of those quotes mean anything. Santiago was shocked he only threw 82 pitches, but it turns into he was shocked he was taken out after 82 pitches. It's a riot mentality. We all love the Angels but some take great joy in complaining about their perception of what something said really means.