• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Pujols concerned with championships, not milestones

championships, my ass.

i used to love pujols. now, i actually hate his face.

i am aware that it's probably moderately misplaced, but i'm so sick of hearing his talk, talk, talk. PRODUCE!

Edited by Stradling

Ya know what really bugs me about that article?  This:

"The team erected an 8-foot sign in center field before Wednesday’s game bearing his name in capital letters and “492” as a not-so-subtle reminder of how close he is to joining the exclusive 500 club. The Angels first baseman was not notified before it went up, team spokesman Tim Mead said."

I get that they're trying to drum up fan interest and celebrate a milestone that will get some media attention, but it seems like a hollow celebration to me, especially if the team continues to blow chunks on the field.  Particularly if they continue to blow chunks.  445 of those HRs came with another team.  I guess most of it is just frustration at how the Angels are playing, but it seems like celebrating your car having over 200,000 miles on it while it's in the shop getting the engine changed.

Ya know what really bugs me about that article?  This:

"The team erected an 8-foot sign in center field before Wednesday’s game bearing his name in capital letters and “492” as a not-so-subtle reminder of how close he is to joining the exclusive 500 club. The Angels first baseman was not notified before it went up, team spokesman Tim Mead said."

I get that they're trying to drum up fan interest and celebrate a milestone that will get some media attention, but it seems like a hollow celebration to me, especially if the team continues to blow chunks on the field.  Particularly if they continue to blow chunks.  445 of those HRs came with another team.  I guess most of it is just frustration at how the Angels are playing, but it seems like celebrating your car having over 200,000 miles on it while it's in the shop getting the engine changed.

I saw that... it didn't look particularly professional, from 150 yards away.

I must be a different kind of 'fan'.  I can't give two sh*ts about his milestones accumulated as a Cardinal.  I care about that game-ending DP he grounded into in the first inning last night.

I saw that... it didn't look particularly professional, from 150 yards away.

I must be a different kind of 'fan'.  I can't give two sh*ts about his milestones accumulated as a Cardinal.  I care about that game-ending DP he grounded into in the first inning last night.

Sadly, it's the entire team right now (minus Trout and perhaps Calhoun).  A first-inning GIDP shouldn't signal the end of the game.