• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Trout Lead off hitter

Barrett

I know its been probably said around here but hear me out. Trout came up two years ago and set the world on fire. Batted lead off and sparked the Angels to barely just missing the playoffs with his speed on the base paths, hitting home runs, driving in runs, but causing chaos for the opposing pitchers and catchers. Then year two bats around 1-3 but mostly 2nd and some 3rd in the line up he does tons of damage at the plate but doesn't do nearly as much damage on the base paths because he has Pujols/Hamilton/Trumbo hitting behind him so he doesn't get the green light as much. To me Trout reminds me of Ricky Henderson, a true lead off guy with awesome power, awesome speed and can just get on base with the best of them and set the bases on fire by causing ruckus. I know our pitching has been terrible to start the year but so has our offense, Why not re think this old base to base type offense we have right now and put Trout at leadoff and start causing some chaos. Just food for thought. 

You can put Trout anywhere in this lineup right now and it wouldn't make a damn difference. Like Chuck said, he was 2-3 tonight while the rest of the team was 1-26. The rest of this team needs to produce in order to achieve any positive results in the win column.

Could help the offense get moving if Trout or someone is moving around on the base paths. Just trying to be positive in the crap that is the start of the season. We look like we are built to just be a station to station offense from the looks of it.