• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Los Angeles Angels vs Seattle Mariners Postgame Thread 4/2/14

Chuck

By the way for those who consider me a 'Failo,' I heard some real negative talk at the game today.  I overheard some guy when I was in line for food saying, "I don't know which game was shittier, Monday's or Tuesday's."  These guys were heckling Hamilton, I do some sarcastic stuff but these guys were saying 'Hamilton for President, we love drugs too!'  Lots of talk from fans around about how bad the team has been underperforming last few years.  Somebody yelled 'Overpay and underplay.'  When this one guy was ranting on Hamilton I said to him he's sure getting a lot of money to shove his finger up his butt.  He said he's probably shoving it up his wife's butt.

beavis-and-butthead1.jpg

I thought Santiago did a damn nice job. In all fairness, if we didn't have the shlubs we have in the heart of the oder, it should have been 6-2 Angels when he was taken out. Kole and Trout set the table every time they came up, but Pujols and Hamilton and everyone else are f'n expensive sugar coated turds at the plate. Howie, the f'n king of ST every f'n year is a f'n joke too.

The offense is a f'n joke after Kole and Trout.

Not f'n funny anymore.

I'm disappointed as anyone else and frustrated by the same crap as last year but I think anyone who calls season over before 1 month of play needs a demerit. Anyone advocating we keep Butcher: demerit. Anyone posting Aybar dance: demerit. Anyone who advocates for more than 4 different reasons for demerits in 1 posts: demerit.

I'm only going on the basis of the last two seasons.  And I'm no baseball genius either, but I said season over in April both years and it turned out true.  There were things in the first week of 2012 and 2013 that screamed "disaster" that unfortunately still hold true in 2014. 

I noticed a lot of negativity @ Tuesday's game as well. Every time Pujols or Hamilton made an out it was laughter and boos in the section around me. Very disappointing.

By the way for those who consider me a 'Failo,' I heard some real negative talk at the game today.  I overheard some guy when I was in line for food saying, "I don't know which game was shittier, Monday's or Tuesday's."  These guys were heckling Hamilton, I do some sarcastic stuff but these guys were saying 'Hamilton for President, we love drugs too!'  Lots of talk from fans around about how bad the team has been underperforming last few years.  Somebody yelled 'Overpay and underplay.'  When this one guy was ranting on Hamilton I said to him he's sure getting a lot of money to shove his finger up his butt.  He said he's probably shoving it up his wife's butt.

I can't imagine a more epic meltdown of a series.  Honestly, the only thing you can do is hope that the team can move on and not let it dictate the rest of the season. 

It truly is only three games and it was so so awful that you have to just sweep it under the rug and hope it was an aberration.  The only thing to glean from such an awful series as this is the fact that they literally need to do something about the pen in the next 5-7 games at most. 

If I see Jepsen vs. a lefty or Kohn in the 7th inning or Salas much at all, I am literally going to flip my shit.  I know it's a small sample and all, but I actually think it would go a long way and send a message to the team if over the next few games, those guys were displaced.  It will help once DDLR and Burnett come back but I would call up Lyon, Berg, and Rasmus and either send those guys down, DL them or just park them on the bench. 

While the relief pitching was horrible, lets not forget the offense, lack thereof.  3, 3, and 2 runs scored, mostly caused by Trout.  Freese hitting 4th won't cause too many pitchers to retire.  Iannetta and HK look like absolute dogshit.  Hamilton against LHP qualifies as a Sat Night comedy routine.  Pujols is old, slow, healthy, wealthy, and hitting .167.  So we'll tip the cap and move on to Houston, who busted us up last year.   Ugh. 

Edited by 70runner

While the relief pitching was horrible, lets not forget the offense, lack thereof.  3, 3, and 2 runs scored, mostly caused by Trout.  Freese hitting 4th won't cause too many pitchers to retire.  Iannetta and HK look like absolute dogshit.  Hamilton against LHP qualifies as a Sat Night comedy routine.  Pujols is old, slow, healthy, wealthy, and hitting .167.  So we'll tip the cap and move on to Houston, who busted us up last year.   Ugh. 

Not ignoring that fact at all. Calhoun and Trout got it done tonight. There should have been 5 or 6 runs on the board by the time Scioscia took Santiago out. Would have been if ANYONE could hit the f'n ball other that Kole and Mike.

First two nights were sellouts. That's in the 43,000 range.

It was also really cold tonight. I think that kept some people home, as well as the lousy play.

Official announced attendance was 38,000 but there weren't that many there.

The lousy play is keeping people home.  The stadium was packed most nights in the 2000's regardless of weather.

Not ignoring that fact at all. Calhoun and Trout got it done tonight. There should have been 5 or 6 runs on the board by the time Scioscia took Santiago out. Would have been if ANYONE could hit the f'n ball other that Kole and Mike.

Yes they did ... but they were nowhere to be found Tuesday night.