• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Los Angeles Angels vs Seattle Mariners Postgame Thread 4/2/14

Chuck

Dipoto, Scioscia or Arte need to turn tables, knock chairs over and bust some ass in the clubhouse after this game. Inexcusable to have played the way they have the past three games.

The focus the entire spring was to get off to a good start. This is anything but. If we're cursed, sacrifice a chicken or burn a picture of Tony Reagins. 

So far....

Salas has just a fastball and it's straight as an arrow. 

Jepsen sucks, Kohn is right behind. Call up Berg and Lyon, STAT. 

Send Salas back to the Cardinals for a box of Peter Bourjos trading cards. 

I'm officially ticked off at this team and their performances. I understand that the M's pitchers are good, but you HAVE to play better and cash in opportunities with RISP and your bullpen has to do its ****ING JOB! 

0-3 and everyone else in the AL West looks like a major league ball club with promise. Hopefully in the morning my asshole will detach from my mattress and I can effectively turn the page, looking toward the next 159 games with promise and hope. 

/End Rant

This is not the type of opening series this team needed. They HAVE TO rebound on this road trip. The Angels cannot afford another crappy April.

Yep. They need to start by sweeping the Astros. Period. I'll take 2 of 3, but a sweep is in order. 

Chuck, you know, if I'm willing to drop 3 grand to watch a series in Seattle in a weak year, I'm a fan. That said, this team is not the one to get frustrated with. This is a transition year. The earlier you get that, the less you will spend on medical expenses searching for the reason for your high blood pressure.

Enjoy the baseball, not the results.

Chuck, you know, if I'm willing to drop 3 grand to watch a series in Seattle in a weak year, I'm a fan. That said, this team is not the one to get frustrated with. This is a transition year. The earlier you get that, the less you will spend on medical expenses searching for the reason for your high blood pressure.

Hard to enjoy BAD baseball.

A transition year is the year after you fire your long tenured manager...so next year...

I can't imagine a more epic meltdown of a series.  Honestly, the only thing you can do is hope that the team can move on and not let it dictate the rest of the season. 

It truly is only three games and it was so so awful that you have to just sweep it under the rug and hope it was an aberration.  The only thing to glean from such an awful series as this is the fact that they literally need to do something about the pen in the next 5-7 games at most. 

If I see Jepsen vs. a lefty or Kohn in the 7th inning or Salas much at all, I am literally going to flip my shit.  I know it's a small sample and all, but I actually think it would go a long way and send a message to the team if over the next few games, those guys were displaced.  It will help once DDLR and Burnett come back but I would call up Lyon, Berg, and Rasmus and either send those guys down, DL them or just park them on the bench. 

We have a few things that haven't come around like we wanted, but we are going to turn the page on this series, have a closed door meeting, and see if we can get things back where we need them to be.

Oh and don't forget, there are fireworks on Sat night this year, and lots of good give aways in games all season.

That's all for tonight gentlemen.