• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

There's NO crying in baseball!!!

No reason to cry when you're making 25 mill a year.

It's stuff like this that really bothers me. FS79, have you ever played sports? Have you ever cared whether or not you won or lost? These guys care about winning and losing despite the money they make. When I read it it reads like this, "I, FS79 am jealous of the amount of money baseball players make, since that is the case I will criticize them when they don't perform well, despite the fact that there are other players that also make lots of money, that try to prevent them from getting the results I want them to get"

Threads like this are a reminder of why we're moving forward with The New Experience here a AngelsWin.com.

Fans are sick of the sky is falling crowd, especially after just two games. They're sick of fire this guy, fire that guy. We suck. It's 2013 all over again, after just two games. 

Threads like this are a reminder of why we're moving forward with The New Experience here a AngelsWin.com.

Fans are sick of the sky is falling crowd, especially after just two games. They're sick of fire this guy, fire that guy. We suck. It's 2013 all over again, after just two games. 

Threads like this are just going to start trouble Chuck, you have to know that.  It is an auotomatic argument.  It is a no win and a sucker bet.  You really believe that telling posters to stop crying is a healthy way to have a positive experience at AW?

Okay, no more of that from me. As frustrated as I have been with this team, I will cease and desist from this sort of criticism for the time being.

If they are more than six games out at the end of June, I'll be ranting once again.

I actually started this thread after reading the thread about Sosh tipping his cap. He can't very well cry about how clutch an at bat Smoak had, so he tipped his cap. That was my intention.

You have to tip your cap. Getting in your players faces for only scoring 3 runs, then CJ having a terrible night is not prudent, nor would it be a benefit to the team. In fact, it would be a detriment. 

Threads like this are just going to start trouble Chuck, you have to know that.  It is an auotomatic argument.  It is a no win and a sucker bet.  You really believe that telling posters to stop crying is a healthy way to have a positive experience at AW?

Yes.

When we have threads already open for crying, venting and bitching, we don't need more SPAMMING the board with more of the same.

Like I said MT, I'm happy with less members if it means a better experience for everyone here. If members don't like the new rules, they can leave. 

Threads like this are just going to start trouble Chuck, you have to know that. It is an auotomatic argument. It is a no win and a sucker bet. You really believe that telling posters to stop crying is a healthy way to have a positive experience at AW?

Mt is right. We should have a thread for everyone that wants to vent about how bad it has been, and that should basically be left alone. Then we should also be able to have positive threads, the look on the bright side type of threads. The only reason this thread exists is because someone wanted to use an overused movie quote that somewhat applied to what they were reading on this forum.

Yes.

When we have threads already open for crying, venting and bitching, we don't need more SPAMMING the board with more of the same.

Like I said MT, I'm happy with less members if it means a better experience for everyone here. If members don't like the new rules, they can leave. 

I think you are just going to piss off a lot of good posters, but that's your call. I'll leave this thread now.

Chuck, do you have the ability to make a thread only be visible by members? I know only certain forums are visible to members, but actual threads inside of forums?

Yes I can make threads invisible. 

I suggest we have a thread created after every game titled: Angels vs. (Opponent team name here) Postgame Thread 4/1/2014

Fully open for ranting and raving!

Not a bad idea, though I doubt it will get utilised as much as it should. I think people just want their frustrations heard, and that is why we see a bunch of negative threads.

I think everyone needs to change the way they go about here. The "sky is falling" crowd, as they are colloquially referred to, need to stop spamming so much negativity as it clogs up the board and follow the new rules. On the other hand, the more positive crowd needs to stop making such a big deal out of any form of negativity and being confrontational with everyone who makes a negative post.

I don't think it is difficult for everyone to get along. But people need to learn to deal with opposing views and also be respectful.