• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Fryer: Angels struggled at concession stands, too

The biggest moneymaker at any venue: the concessions.

And for some reason for Arte the system hasn't changed, the lines are ridiculous, and the food quality has plummeted: I didn't buy anything opening day, and for good reason.

This kind of crap should be perfected by now.

The biggest moneymaker at any venue: the concessions.

For the Angels, according to the 2009 documents, it's local advertising.  $16 million vs $15 million in Food and Beverage income.  And when you consider, 3 million fans, that's about $5 a person they make in food and beverage.  For how much they charge, Aramark is the one that's making bank.

See any new and interesting beer offerings, James?

Intersting, no. But it is much better. Hangar 24 has betty ipa now which is very new and good. Golden Road has 329 Lager, Hef and Point The Way on tap. Stone Ipa is there too. It is much more well rounded this year with Ballast Point Pale Ale among others being there. It is much better this year for sure.

Don't even get me started on my concession experience. It was one of the worst I've ever encountered at any venue. Every concession stand I went to was out of most stuff. Then when I went to the Oggis I heard the "supervisor" tell them to only make 12 pizzas at a time even though there were more than that in line. What a nightmare.

I spoke to the manager at the Knothole last night, after it took an hour and a half to get a couple burgers, some pretzel bites and a caesar salad..   He says "it's a learning experience" for most of the workers, as they are new to the Legends way of doing things, but will get better..  I have to agree with him, as the stadium has been sold out the last two nights, and there was no way to get the staff any real experience preparing that much food or serving that many people at once during training..

We had the cornbread with the brisket from the BBQ that used to be Clyde Wrights, and it was damn good!!  It was COLD, but damn good!!!  And I had a applewood bacon grilled cheese with tomato soup and it was awesome, too!!!  A little pricey ($5 for SOUP??) but really good!! 

Yeah, the concessions seem to be having a pretty rough go of it thusfar.

Guest Relations office after the game seemed to pretty much JUST be a line of people complaining about it.

Most incredible thing I saw last night was there seemed to be a ketchup shortage at least on one end of the view level and as best as I can tell, from the 2nd or so inning when we got a hot dog until the end of the game, there was never more ketchup found for the condiment stations over there.

Yeah, the concessions seem to be having a pretty rough go of it thusfar.

Guest Relations office after the game seemed to pretty much JUST be a line of people complaining about it.

Most incredible thing I saw last night was there seemed to be a ketchup shortage at least on one end of the view level and as best as I can tell, from the 2nd or so inning when we got a hot dog until the end of the game, there was never more ketchup found for the condiment stations over there.

I tried to get some nachos at the end of the 2nd inning and when I finally got through the 30 minute line they said they were out of beans, cheese, and jalopenos.

It's almost like they didn't even have enough food to start the game because they were running out while the game was still early.