• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Questioning Scioscia.

It's not hindsight when I say "yeah, that intentional walk is gonna haunt them" and then he scores on the next batter.  Nor is it hindsight when I say "Wilson has a runner on second, now is the time to give him the hook" and the next batter knocks that runner in, and then Scioscia gives CJ the hook.  

I shouldn't be able to out-manage Scioscia but so far I am.  It's not hindsight, it's good judgment.  

Edited by Glen

Soto, nobody said you cannot question Scioscia.

The problem we have is creating fire Scioscia threads after every loss or questionable call.

Calling him the fat man or any other derogatory remark and we'll send you packing.

Can you call him the former fat man or not quite as fat man? Sorry, just lightening the mood, and I'm a fat man myself.

IMO it is too early in the season to over managed BKA Mik"romanage. The bigger problem with the Angels is the GM has not done a great job since he's been here. We passed on paying pitchers, club house leaders and key figures for overpriced has beens and dead arm guys who has not helped us at all. Also Mike S. has not adjusted his management style since he's been here. The game has changed and he has not. 

IMO it is too early in the season to over managed BKA Mik"romanage. The bigger problem with the Angels is the GM has not done a great job since he's been here. We passed on paying pitchers, club house leaders and key figures for overpriced has beens and dead arm guys who has not helped us at all. Also Mike S. has not adjusted his management style since he's been here. The game has changed and he has not.

Lame the owner more than the GM.

Anyways, I think the entire organization finally is united on a more evidence-based approach since last summer. This past season's moves were by and large very positive towards a more sustainable strategy to be perennially competitive.

It's not hindsight when I say "yeah, that intentional walk is gonna haunt them" and then he scores on the next batter.  Nor is it hindsight when I say "Wilson has a runner on second, now is the time to give him the hook" and the next batter knocks that runner in, and then Scioscia gives CJ the hook.  

I shouldn't be able to out-manage Scioscia but so far I am.  It's not hindsight, it's good judgment.  

Seriously?  You guessed correctly twice and you "outmanaged Sosh"?  Come on.

Also, I question big time your second argument about going to that almighty pen. 

Sciosia's job is to make decisions that give his team the best possible chance to win. He has to work with what's in front of him and Cano's reputation as a premier hitter dictates walking him in that situation.  Cano driving in two or more runs in that situation are far greater than Smoak delivering a bases clearing gapper.

Lets not forget Cano has owned CJ before.

I dislike Scioscia more than anyone, but I was perfectly okay with this move. The numbers made sense. Wilson has got to do a better job. 

The concerning part is the fact that the two were not on the same page IMO. 

apparently he wasn't on the same page as Conger either.  CJ said something about "Conger wanted in one place, I wanted it another, and I threw it down the middle."

It also allowed for a ball in the gap to score 3 runs. Oh well, it's not the worst decision he's made but I personally didn't like it.

It's only a bad decision in hindsight, it was absolutely the best percentage play at the time. And even if he does let CJ face Cano, there is no guarantee that he was going to get him out.

I will agree Scioscia left CJ in an inning too long. Just about everyone in the vent thread was making that comment before he threw the first pitch of the inning.