• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I Kohn't take this anymore

nate

Kohn is the gift that keeps on giving. His Top Gun theme music routine is lame incorporated.

My favorite part of the stadium experience tonight was discovering that every reliever has their own highlight reel with music now.

I'm imagining a bright eyed intern coming into the office the first day and being told

"Hey, so welcome aboard. First, I need you to piece together a Michael Kohn highlight reel."

and all that joy just draining out of the poor kid's face.

Edited by jshep

This pen will never go anywhere as long as Kohn and Jepsen are part of it.

I'm becoming a believer in this but I don't want to. I have to see more. Kohn looked good last night. Maybe Jepsen looks good the next couple times out.

Both have good stuff. But are frustrating as well.

Like I mentioned in the chat, I wish we'd taken more fliers on guys (while being smart about it) and could find a way to get some good bargains in the pen.  Like say a guy like Frankie, who only got 3 million.  Somehow Andrew Friedman does it every year with the likes of Fernando Rodney and Kyle Farnsworth, and they find a way to get milage out of guys like that.

Jeppy is what he is: a frustrating pitcher with all the talent in the world who, for whatever reason, cannot harness it. He's been this way for years. He's not getting any better. That's probably on Butchy, nevertheless, it's time to admit that the "Jepsen Experiment" is a complete and utter failure and just end it.

Honestly, is Jepsen's stuff really even that great?

He throws hard, but his fastball doesn't really have movement.

And maybe it's because he's never ever been able to throw any of them without throwing them into the opposite handed batter's box, but none of his breaking stuff has ever really wowed me.

He's the same guy just about every team has toiling away in AAA. Only he's toiling away on the major league team and making millions of dollars.

Honestly, is Jepsen's stuff really even that great?

He throws hard, but his fastball doesn't really have movement.

And maybe it's because he's never ever been able to throw any of them without throwing them into the opposite handed batter's box, but none of his breaking stuff has ever really wowed me.

He's the same guy just about every team has toiling away in AAA. Only he's toiling away on the major league team and making millions of dollars.

He's making $1.462M this year, that's about $800K after tax, that's not millions.  I agree that at the rate he's going it will probably soon be the biggest paycheck he will ever see.  I really believe this front office has learned its lesson on pitchers, they will be dispatched quicker than in the past.  It's an urgent matter that they do so.

I'm becoming a believer in this but I don't want to. I have to see more. Kohn looked good last night. Maybe Jepsen looks good the next couple times out.

I don't need to see anymore. How many seasons have Jepsen and Kohn been given to iron things out? This is who they are and it isn't going to change.

This. They are looking just like last year and that does not help us in any way.

Somehow we need the BP to get going because we need them to have any chance to succeed.