• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Very impressed with Freese

nate

David Freese 1st two games as a halo:

1-8 with a bloop hit

ole tag caused a runner to be safe when the ball beat him by 5 feet

failed to move a runner over

got picked off 1b right after hitting a DP play ball where the team could have turned two if not for a bad throw. 

Good start David. 

David Freese 1st two games as a halo:

1-8 with a bloop hit

ole tag caused a runner to be safe when the ball beat him by 5 feet

failed to move a runner over

got picked off 1b right after hitting a DP play ball where the team could have turned two if not for a bad throw. 

Good start David. 

And don't forget the fact that he was picked off in a spot where his run meant nothing and there was really no reason for him to be going anywhere.

Freese isn't a great player. I still think he can be a 2 WAR guy but I thought Lucho/Green could've done that.

I'll give him time however. I'm just a little nervous with how he looked in Spring and in the first 2 games. 

Edited by Angels_Baseball

A lot of this is that this is another case of a player switching teams, then trying to impress his new audience right out of the gate.  That usually goes badly, ask Pujols and Hamilton.  The pressure doesn't come from the fans, it comes from his peers, his teammates.

Fortunately we have Stewart to try, Green behind him, and eventually Lucho and Cowert.  Someone has to get hot, right?

He is a disaster. Horrible in spring and now the first two games.

Meanwhile Lucho is somewhere in Salt Lake rotting away. I thought when a homegrown player easily capable of putting up a 3-4 WAR season is ready you're supposed to give him the job. Guess not.

Don't tell me you're talking about Lucho... You do remember the last time he was called up. He clearly wasn't ready. To say he's clearly better than Freese is laughable.