• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

0-15 with 8 Ks

Blarg

In 2010 when 36 year old DH Matsui gave us all an Opening Day home run and a .274 / 21hrs / 84rbi's season many people said that he sucked because he wasn't Vlad enough.

I seriously doubt that 41 year old Raul Ibanez will give us anything close to what Matsui gave us and I'm personally shocked that he was even signed.

Freeze will be steady but nothing spectacular. Trout, Hamilton and Pujols are all putting good wood on the ball so I'm no concerned about the offense as a whole.

What was Matsui's numbers at the All Star break when the Angels were still in contention?

Ibanez will get a long leash for one reason... because he is a gritty respected vet, and Scioscia is still the manager.

Another thing Scioscia has never been very good at is pitch hitting, but this year he doesn't have anyone TO pitch hit with, so it is going to be Ibanez and Freese late in games...just like last night.

PH a DH?  really?

I assume you mean his fast start last year?  That's pretty much all he did.

No I mean exactly what I said -- the horribly slow start he got off to.   He had a .511 OPS through March and April of last year,l then went ape-shit in May.  Ibanez is notorious for his bad first months -- in the previour three years 11-13, he's managed an OPS of .559 in April. 

Dude doesn't start his motor until May.

Edited by Inside Pitch

What was Matsui's numbers at the All Star break when the Angels were still in contention?

In 2010 he had a .732 OPS at the All-Star break. During the second half he put up a .984 OPS but the team was only 29-28 for the games in which he played.

Edited by fan_since79

No I mean exactly what I said -- the horribly slow start he got off to.   He had a .511 OPS through March and April of last year,l then went ape-shit in May.  Ibanez is notorious for his bad first months -- in the previour three years 11-13, he's managed an OPS of .559 in April. 

Dude doesn't start his motor until May.

so a team that is notorious for slow starts...

need power bat to replace trumbo so they go and sign a guy who his notorious for slow starts.

smart move.

It would have been interesting to see a spring training invite just to see what he had left in the tank. My first preference would be to get C J Cron in at DH and let him develop at the ML level. I just don't get why Raul Ibanez is even on this team. It has to be a financial decision because Kendrys Morales would make this lineup a monster.

If Morales is still available in June, I'd love to have him back.