• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels and Trout Agree - 6 yrs/140 Mil

Took so little for three prime years??????

30 million is hardly little!

He may have gotten more for his arb. Years....but you have to give up something for a multi year contract.

I'm still surprised Trout took so little for his 3 prime FA years. This is a massive club friendly deal. He will be the top of everybody's trade value charts for the next 4 years.

Kudos to the Angels.

According to reports the Angels offer was for 6 years 140 million and Trout countered with 150 million....give or take a few million. What stood out to me is that the Angels initial offer was 6 years. Maybe the franchise didn't want to take the risk of more time.

I believe they did go in with a longer offer, but settled with 6 years.

@JeffFletcherOCR: Arte Moreno said #Angels would have liked to go 7 or 8 years. 6 was the minimum.

@Alden_Gonzalez: Trout: "When the owner puts out a big number like $33M, it's hard to turn down."

@JeffFletcherOCR: ICYMI this morning, Trout gets $5M bonus in '14, then $5.25M, $15.25M, $19.25M and then 3 years of $33.25M. Full no trade clause #Angels

Edited by AngelsAndRamsFan

The length of the contract was almost certainly determined on Trout's end.  This allows him to hit free agency before turning 30 and most likely collect the biggest contract in history if he continues to be Mike Trout for the next 7 years.  Whether that will be with us or another team will be determined by whether we win.  Or as Trout eloquently put today "not winning would be.... not good."  

The length of the contract was almost certainly determined on Trout's end.  This allows him to hit free agency before turning 30 and most likely collect the biggest contract in history if he continues to be Mike Trout for the next 7 years.  Whether that will be with us or another team will be determined by whether we win.  Or as Trout eloquently put today "not winning would be.... not good."  

"not winning would be.... not good."

That was the quote of the day. It looked like he was going to say something else, before he settled for "not good"

Apparently,  the weather is pretty nice in OC too.

He was clearly uncomfortable...bet he is much more relaxed when he has to do the next one in 4-5 years.  

My favorite part about this deal is that the rangers are almost paying elvis andrus the same amount of money. LOL.

I don't think you understand how contracts work. Trout hadn't even reached arbitration and ended up getting the equivalent of a reasonable arbitration agreement and 33 million per year for free agency. That is maybe slightly less than he would have gotten otherwise, but it"s beyond the Andrus realm.