• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Need Seattle advice

It's Pat

I'll be in Seattle for work, when the Angels are in town April 9th.  I'm staying at the Sheraton, and am wondering if there would be others taking the light rail to Safeco field or would I be the only one? Is this even doable? Should I just take a taxi?  From the map it looks like there is a station but it looks like it's across some big streets. I'm female and a runner in case trouble finds me.  :ph34r:

I went last year and my wife and I took the light rail.  Trust me, you will not be alone.  Tons of people take it.  It's a short little walk from the station to the stadium, and you'll be with hundreds of people.  It's not like Angel Stadium where practically everyone drives - it was designed for people to take public transportation.

Edited by WallyWorld

Always fun to stay in the team hotels. I've done it a few times, some on purpose, some by chance.

Always a story there...like the time I turned around and found Lasorda sitting next to me at the bar in Chicago. He told Strawberry to take it upstairs.

Or staying with the Twins (at the doubletree on st college) during the 2002 playoffs.

Met Kirby Puckett, who was holding court in the bar, not long before he died.

I doubt most people in the stadium know the names of more than 5 people on the 25-man roster.  

Nintendo has cultivated a different type of "fan":  hipsters, and soccer moms/dads who come to Safeco for the wholesome family experience, and care little about the game.

It's like going to a big picnic.  Of course people are friendly.  Ask them about baseball, and be prepared for the most vapid expressions imaginable.  

yeah, if people think the fans at Angel Stadium are clueless and/or disinterested . . .

I'll be in Seattle for work, when the Angels are in town April 9th.  I'm staying at the Sheraton, and am wondering if there would be others taking the light rail to Safeco field or would I be the only one? Is this even doable? Should I just take a taxi?  From the map it looks like there is a station but it looks like it's across some big streets. I'm female and a runner in case trouble finds me.  :ph34r:

I will be at both of those games, Pat. PM me your tix and I'll try to stop by and say hello. 

The light rail in the underground tunnel is your best best. Get off at the International District and you're about a 10 minute walk to the ballpark. 

When I was up there a couple of years ago, I took the lightrail everywhere. It is really designed well.

I did not get the garlic fries. I like garlic, don't get me wrong, but that just seemed excessive to me.

Not sure if you're interested, but my buddy and I ended up across the street at the Pyramid Brewery for the pre-game, which seemed like a popular option.

The one thing that amazed me about the feel of Safeco is how intimate it felt. It really like nearly all of seats in the ballpark are sitting almost on top of the grass, as opposed to most ballparks I've gone to where unless you're in the first few rows, it feels like you're miles away.

Most importantly, though, have a great time!