• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Doyers already have sold 3 million tix before 1st game

HBMike

Dodgers= Lakers

Angels= Clippers

I'm obviously not talking about talent because we all know the Clippers are the best NBA team in Los Angeles right now. Lakers own Los Angeles, and will always run L.A, but it's crazy how much Dodger gear I see in a day. I think the Lakers sucking this year has helped the Dodgers.

Edited by CM Punk

Honestly, I am impressed with how quickly they turned it around. I understand they did it by spending money, but they still did it. They also haven't had to trade any of their minor leaguers, and Stan Katsen as already said this is somewhat temporary, that the goal is still to build from within. If they can have a very good farm system and sign anyone they want, the rest of the league will be in trouble.

Honestly, I am impressed with how quickly they turned it around. I understand they did it by spending money, but they still did it. They also haven't had to trade any of their minor leaguers, and Stan Katsen as already said this is somewhat temporary, that the goal is still to build from within. If they can have a very good farm system and sign anyone they want, the rest of the league will be in trouble.

They have done it because they will be able to depreciate a lot of the costs early in their ownership tenure -- Arte did the same exact thing when he first bought the team although not on as large a scale -- he was one of the few owners that was open about it to the public...   The book Baseball and Billions does a far greater job detailing how MLB owners go about working the system but this article from Forbes actually pertains to the Dodgers current ownership and how they will make out like bandits.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2012/04/06/new-dodgers-investors-will-get-big-tax-breaks/

Please take note of this little tidbit -- In essence, the owners get to write off the declining market value of the player contracts as a loss while also counting the annual salaries paid the players as an expense.  Yes you are reading that right, they can pay a guy 25 mil a year and call it an expense while at the same time claiming the total value of the contract is an asset and depreciate it.

The whole thing is a tax scam and one of the reasons baseball teams were bought and sold so often by corporations that seemingly had no business in baseball.

Edited by Inside Pitch