• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Any Fantasy Leagues?

Wow, that is super-homerish.

I got two Halo's:  Trout #1 overall, and Iannetta in the 23rd and last round.

Went offense heavy:  Yan Gomes, Iannetta, Encarnacion, Kipnis, Jose Reyes, Wong, Longoria, Jose Abreu, Trout, Ellsbury, Choo, Billy Hamilton, Soriano and Big Papi.

Pitchers:  Anibal Sanchez, Hamels*, Cashner, Latos*, Cole, Masterson, Minor* and my closers were Balfour and Chapman* (who I got wayyy late).

*Got significant discounts on these guys as they will miss 2-4 weeks in the starters cases.  Plan to replace with Zack Wheeler, Mike Pineda and Chris Tillman.

• 1 month later...

How is everyone doing in their fantasy leagues?

Only my second year trying fantasy baseball, but I think I have a pretty solid team. Last year, lost in the playoffs. This year, currently undefeated.

Somebody just offered to trade me Jose Bautista and C.J. Wilson for Aroldis Chapman and Chris Sale. So I quickly accepted that since I've been winning without Chapman all year and without Sale the past few weeks. And promptly picked up Casey Jansen to make up for losing Chapman. Which also made Matt Kemp on my team expendable, so used him towards acquiring Ian Kinsler for some 2B/SS protection with Hanley struggling a bit. Think I probably made my team even stronger.

My team now will be:

C - Buster Posey

1B - Paul Goldschmidt, Justin Morneau

2B - Brian Dozier, Ian Kinsler

SS - Hanley Ramirez

3B - Josh Donaldson, Manny Machado

OF - Brandon Moss, Jose Bautista, Melky Cabrera, Mike Morse, Billy Hamilton

DH - Billy Butler

SP - Masahiro Tanaka, Sonny Gray, C.J. Wilson, Jesse Chavez, Alfredo Simon, Mark Buerhle

RP - Casey Jansen, Greg Holland, Joe Smith, Will Smith

Holds are a stat in my league, hence the middle relief.

My season is getting derailed by injuries. Really sucks, because my squad is pretty solid too

C Buster Posey

1B Victor Martinez (picked him up week 1)

2B Aaron Hill

3B Martin Prado

SS Jed Lowrie

OF Allen Craig

OF Ryan Braun

OF shin soo choo

DH Todd Frazier

P Hisashi iwakuma, Johnny cueto, yu darvish, John lackey, Jon Lester, Chris archer, Hiroki Kuroda, Rafael soriano, Addison reed

on the DL, Chris sale, Alex Cobb, Ben zobrist, Brandon belt (dropped)

Edited by Hollyw00d

• 1 month later...

I feel like I've been fighting against the tide all season but am still within striking distance of the leaders in my league.

C- Russell Martin and Derek Norris (Wilson Ramos on DL)

1B- Encarnacion

2B- Kipnis

MI- Danny Salazar (Neil Walker on DL)

SS- Jose Reyes

3B- Longoria

CI-Abreu

OF- Trout, Ellsbury, Choo, Springer, J.D. Martinez

U- Big Papi

SP- A. Sanchez, Bailey, Keuchel, Minor, Archer, Hamels  (Latos,Paxton and G. Cole on DL)

RP- Chapman, Robertson and Doolittle

Making up ground but I've sustained a ton of injuries all season long.  Middle of the pack currently and I kind of like that as no one is really paying attention to me.

• 1 month later...

I have climbed from last place in May to knocking on first place's door currently.  I've actually been in first place for a day or two but have slid to second place recently.  I feel that I've got a solid chance to take the title with four players about to come off the dl (we've got a 5-player September expansion coming up).  Perfect timing.