• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

College students at American Univ. could not name one single U.S. Senator

Meh, they have time to get more involved in politics. They're in college for frucks sake. Funny how older folks trash youngsters for not caring about politics yet the older folks voted in the current crap. 

"GET OFF MY LAWN!!!" Yet the lawn is half dead.

Meh, they have time to get more involved in politics. They're in college for frucks sake. Funny how older folks trash youngsters for not caring about politics yet the older folks voted in the current crap. 

I don't think you have to be involved in politics to know civics.  Understanding how this country is set up to run is kind of important.  

Uh, the young folks voted in large numbers, and they voted overwhelmingly for the current crap, at least the one in the White House. He had the "cool" factor, doncha know?

Edited by fan_since79

Uh, the young folks voted in large numbers, and they voted overwhelmingly for the current crap, at least the one in the White House. He had the "cool" factor, doncha know?

Blame the youts for BHO but who gets the blame for dubya? How about the blame for congress and the senate?

Edited by CF8

I don't think you have to be involved in politics to know civics.  Understanding how this country is set up to run is kind of important.  

They are in college. I don't think it is a good idea for them to vote anyway until they have some life experience. They'll become more involved when they have to pay taxes; It's funny how that happens.

If they are in their twenties I bet most of them are already paying taxes.  In fact they are all paying sales tax of some kind unless they are in just a few states.  I learned civics in the 8th grade. 

Sales tax sure is something to get riled up about at 20 years of age these days. Keep on, keepin on... 

GET OFF MY LAWN!!

When I was a kid __________!

I remember when gas was _______ and a hamburger was ________.

We had U.S. Government as H.S. seniors.

I'm guessing they did as well. With so many things to involve yourself with and really get deep into an interest these days remembering numbers and names from that class isn't something that will stick with most kids. I remembered enough to ace the test...then I chased girls, played sports and started my own business. Oh no, but I forgot how many people are in congress! I personally doomed 'murica.

Edited by CF8

Kind of ironic (per wikipedia): The university was chartered by an Act of Congress on February 24, 1893.  

Also: The Princeton Review voted American University the most politically active university in the country in 2008, 2010 and 2012.  

That really says a lot if students enrolled in the nation's most politically active university can't name a single senator...  

Kind of ironic (per wikipedia): The university was chartered by an [/size]Act of Congress on February 24, 1893.  [/size]

Also: The Princeton Review voted American University the most politically active university in the country in 2008, 2010 and 2012.  [/size]

That really says a lot if students enrolled in the nation's most politically active university can't name a single senator...  [/size]

I wonder what criteria the PR uses to determine how "politically active" a school is.