• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Farewell Joe: Share your favorite Joe Blanton memories here

jshep

I liked when he trolled Angels fans in the last game of that awful 4 game sweep by the Astros at home.

He had a no hitter through 5 innings or something then Chris Carter hit an absolute moonshot. He actually pitched really well that game, which was funny considering how godawful he was last year.

I had good seats during a game he was pitching. I'm not positive but I want to say it was a Sunday game against the Orioles. He was just getting raked. It reminded me of Pony League baseball with sixth graders how everyone was getting extra base hits or getting walked. I probably saw about 15 pitches in a row that were right down the plate and I would check on the radar gun and every pitch was between 80 and 85 MPH. 

Why is this my favorite Joe Blanton moment? That stretch of pitches made me temporarily believe I could've been a major league hitter. 

When Chuck and I argued about him signing last spring.

Oh it's always fun to be right. You got lucky! 

No one in their right mind envisioned Blanton being as bad as he was last season.  

But whatever makes you sleep better at night. :)

Oh it's always fun to be right. You got lucky! 

No one in their right mind envisioned Blanton being as bad as he was last season.  

But whatever makes you sleep better at night. :)

I wish you had been right.  I just looked at a 4.70 ERA though and his recent numbers and they didn't look good, especially for a 2 year deal.  I wouldn't have given Dipoto half as much crap if it'd been 1 year.

Edited by FabulousFabregas

I wish you had been right.  I just looked at a 4.70 ERA though and his recent numbers and they didn't look good, especially for a 2 year deal.  I wouldn't have given Dipoto half as much crap if it'd been 1 year.

If he gave us some QS's and had a 4.50 ERA last year, we'd be cool coming off a season where Haren and Santana were dogshit and not even close to that.