• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Congrats to John McDonald - Makes the team!

Chuck

We were horrible defensively last year. Now when our best defensive player (Aybar) needs a day off we have a GREAT glove to take his place and bat 9th. He also can play some 2nd as a defensive replacement in games Green starts. This is what Dipoto wanted when he said early on that he wanted a balance of veterans and young guys, and we need to be strong defensively up the middle. I'm sure Green will also make the team.

We were horrible defensively last year. Now when our best defensive player (Aybar) needs a day off we have a GREAT glove to take his place and bat 9th. He also can play some 2nd as a defensive replacement in games Green starts. This is what Dipoto wanted when he said early on that he wanted a balance of veterans and young guys, and we need to be strong defensively up the middle. I'm sure Green will also make the team.

As long as Green also makes it, I'm fine with it.  

Green was never a serious candidate for the job McDonald got. He's just not good enough defensively. If Aybar gets hurt and can't play for 3 days do you want Green at SS?

I believe the Angels want Green to keep playing and developing at different positions instead of sitting around doing nothing in the majors.

Since the Angels don't pinch hit much, what you really need are bench guys who can play defense, run or who could start 3-4 days in a row to fill in for an injury.

Bench should be McDonald, Green, Long, and Conger. I love McDonald's defense and being a great veteran player certainly can't hurt, could help Green out too. Long is proving he deserves a spot. I say trade Shuck for another pitcher, have Cowgill go down to AAA, and see if Boesch will go down to Salt Lake as well. 

While McDonald making the team is anything but exciting, the Romine trade (which I think was a good move) left us with no viable alternative. We need a backup SS and I definitely don't trust Green to do it. If Stewart and McDonald are the two who make it and Green is banished to the minors, that's just moronic. But Green (an offensively-minded infielder) and McDonald (quite the opposite) both making it is something I can tolerate.