• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Depth and Texas...

floplag

Why is everyone so worried?  i mean depth is the key right, they supposedly have it so.. they should be fine right?  :)  

sarcasm and satire aside the amount of injuries a team faces are the key and to which positions of course... i dont wish it on any team but it should affect them just as all of ours did us last year so... we need to put them behind us early to be in the race

You clunkers know the old adage about throwing stones while living in glass houses?

The Angels rarely overcome adversity.

Remember the bus crash? Other teams would have miraculously won the WS. Not us.

Texas would need their whole roster to fall ill or injured for us to really relish our position.

All Sotoing aside, Texas is screwed to start the season and of the players already out there is still 162 games of potential season ending injuries awaiting them along with Joe Boom Boom Saunders in their rotation. They may just be fighting the Lastros for a draft pick before it is all over.

Particularly since the team did what it did after the Adenhart tragedy.

You're blaming the team's disappointing years on the Adenhart tragedy?  I believe it is the FO's poor decisions on paying attention to the farm system and unwise free agency acquisitions.  But if you want to blame karma, be my guest.  Where's the Indian burial ground under Anaheim Stadium comment?

You're blaming the team's disappointing years on the Adenhart tragedy?  I believe it is the FO's poor decisions on paying attention to the farm system and unwise free agency acquisitions.  But if you want to blame karma, be my guest.  Where's the Indian burial ground under Anaheim Stadium comment?

Okay -- no idea how you got that from what I posted..... but here goes...

Soto claims the Angels aren't known for overcoming adversity -- you pointed out he had to go back 22 years to find an example that supported his opinion.  I responded to your post by bringing up how the team responded to the Adenhart tragedy...  They won 97 games that year -- IMO an impressive total.  Call me a homer but a team performing that well in the face of what I would consider the greatest adversity possible makes the talk of the bus crash or any thoughts the Angels havent shown the ability to overcome adversity rather moot.

No clue how anything I said amounted to blame, karma, or burial grounds.   

Okay -- no idea how you got that from what I posted..... but here goes...

Soto claims the Angels aren't known for overcoming adversity -- you pointed out he had to go back 22 years to find an example that supported his opinion.  I responded to your post by bringing up how the team responded to the Adenhart tragedy...  They won 97 games that year -- IMO an impressive total.  Call me a homer but a team performing that well in the face of what I would consider the greatest adversity possible makes the talk of the bus crash or any thoughts the Angels havent shown the ability to overcome adversity rather moot.

No clue how anything I said amounted to blame, karma, or burial grounds.   

I misinterpreted the gist of your post. 

I misinterpreted the gist of your post. 

No worries -- it was my Bday today, we took a three hour lunch got bombed and I figured I'd wait until I wasn't still feeling the effects to re-read everything in case I had completely misunderstood WTH people had said in the first place....