• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

These Are the 10 Strongest Gasoline Brands

Usually ARCO for self serve and Valero for full service.

The chevron and the 76 in Glendale are usually the most expensive in town, and usually by at least twenty cents per gallon.

Saw a place here in North Carolina with a cash price of $2.79 for regular.

Edited by Tank

Chevron exclusively. I've tried other gas & always end up getting less milage per dollar. But more importantly than that, my cars always end up way under performing with other brands. Also, whenever I head to California I try to get just enough gas as absolutely necessary and run the tank dry when I leave. All the crap that California forces into the gas produces one of the worst mile per dollar ratio anywhere.

Speaking of miles per dollar for gas prices and CO2 emissions, if California really wanted to do something about lowering smog, they ought to do something about syncing up their traffic signals. It doesn't matter where I drive in California, I spend half the trip sitting at red lights, burning gas while going nowhere. Just think of how much gas and smog could be saved if the time sitting at red lights was just cut down by 10% simply by adjusting the signals?

Edited by Eric

I only fill up with Chevron.

Mechanics and former gas station owners have both said that their additive is the only one scientifically proven to keep your car running longer and smoother.

When I still had my '99 Jaguar XJ8, I had some issues with slow speed stalling. Did some checking and found copious gummy deposits on the throttle plate, cleaned it off and never had another problem. A Jaguar technician told me when I mentioned this that "There are some issues with our vehicles and gasoline." He said that Jaguar recommends either Shell or Chevron because the additives help to keep the fuel system clean and minimize deposits (like what I found on my throttle plate). Have used Shell ever since, partly because there are two stations near my house and one across the street from my work, and with their Fuel Rewards program I get discounts on the fuel I buy. Have not had a fuel system-related issue since with any vehicle I have owned.

I never understood the "don't like Arco because you have to pay a fee" argument.

35 cent fee to walk 10 feet and punch in a pin, but you save 10+ cents a gallon. Spend $20 at the pump and you're ahead.

Now, if you want to argue quality gas and nicer, cleaner gas stations with squeegees, no doubt Arco (and other no-name gas stations) is the bottom tier. On top of that I get 5% cash back using my Chase Freedom card 6 months out of the year and it's a no brainer to go to Chevron across the street form crappy Arco to fill up the tank with premium, which helps my car run better and get better gas mileage. Not to mention there's a card swiper at my pump, as well as a nice squeegee with water and paper towels to clean my windows.

I'm no reading comprehension whiz or anything, but I'm pretty sure this article has nothing to do with quality of gas or which brands will help your mid 80s diesel run better.

You're right. The quality of the gas has nothing to do with the popularity of a brand. It wouldn't influence rankings on this list at all.

Just in case you were wondering, I pay about 65 cents a gallon for premium. It runs about $15 to fill my Expedition from empty. The prices and service are pretty much identical at every station here.

That's advantageous considering your Expedition is carrying two ton of body armor.  ;) 

I never understood the "don't like Arco because you have to pay a fee" argument.

35 cent fee to walk 10 feet and punch in a pin, but you save 10+ cents a gallon. Spend $20 at the pump and you're ahead.

Not sure if this a reply to my post, but I just hate the inconveneince (sp?) of not being able to swipe my card at the pump.